*IMPORTANT* MIRAPEX INDUCED OSTEONECROSIS

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
winnie

*IMPORTANT* MIRAPEX INDUCED OSTEONECROSIS

Post by winnie »

I was just diagnosed with osteonecrosis, beleived to be caused by MIRAPEX!

Link: http://www.drugs.com/pro/mirapex.html

Now listed as a side effect under Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders.

Link for info on osteonecrosis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteonecrosis_of_the_jaw

How many more side effects to this AWFUL drug!! And what choices do we have to control our legs!! This is the last straw. I've had enough.

ViewsAskew

Re: *IMPORTANT* MIRAPEX INDUCED OSTEONECROSIS

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry you have osteonecrosis. I hope they are able to find a good treatment for you. For others not familiar with it, see this link: http://www.niams.nih.gov/health_info/osteonecrosis/

I recently found factmed.com and it's excellent for making associations between medications and problems. Factmed.com says the following: "FactMed provides MD-approved analysis to help both patients, researchers, and physicians accurately assess the risk profile for more than 20,000 different pharmaceutical products. The below report offers compiled information from Food & Drug Administration and FactMed user submissions. Between January 2004 and October 2012, 17 individuals taking PRAMIPEXOLE DIHYDROCHLORIDE reported OSTEONECROSIS OF JAW to the FDA. A total of 2313 PRAMIPEXOLE DIHYDROCHLORIDE drug adverse event reaction reports were made with the FDA during this time period. Often the FDA only receives reports of the most critical and severe cases; these numbers may therefore underrepresent the complication rate of the medication."

Given how few cases there are, if it's connected, it must be in very rare circumstances. I hope your doctors share any info they get with the FDA and report this.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

winnie

Post by winnie »

There are now 1,287 cases. How many would there be if people actually knew that this was a side effect?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Winnie, would you mind sharing where you and your doctor found that data? I just ask because I can't find it - and no one will know about it if it's not easily found.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.