Relaxsis Pad

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
dayandnight

Relaxsis Pad

Post by dayandnight »

I know the Relaxsis Pad isn't a medication but since you do need a prescription to purchase it I thought I would post this here. Dr B has told me on several occasions that I am in the top 1% of his toughest cases of RLS that he has. Well I proved him correct again. I received the pad today, had high hopes but they were dashed in about 15 minutes after I went to bed. It didn't even come close to negating the RLS. I can see if you have mild to moderate RLS that it could be very affective, but sever RLS, not so much. Not really surprised, just really disappointed. Back to the only thing that really works; Oxycodone. I have become dependent on Oxycodone so he wants me to give that up too. That leaves me with nothing. Opiate withdrawal is really difficult and awful. I have done it three other times, it is horrible. You add to that the RLS and you have a pretty miserable existence. As I have said in other posts, he and I have tried everything else. When you think of all the billions of people each night that just lay down and go to sleep, and here I am and here we are, walking my 47 step circuit around my small house 100 to 200 times a night and for what reason, so we can do it all again tomorrow night? It makes no sense and it really is depressing.

Joanie60

Re: Relaxsis Pad

Post by Joanie60 »

Thanks for keeping my hopes in check!! I even had the manufacturer calling to see if I wanted to buy a "floor model" at discount price or something. But I have symptoms day and night and didn't see how it would help me while sitting at a desk, etc.

I also have, at least what I consider to be, very severe RLS. Finally hit on methadone (after I had increased Oxycodone to 15-20mg per day). I have been on steady dose of methadone since Feb of 2015 and REFUSE to increase the dose. Because this is seriously the last stop on the train ride. My doc said if this doesn't work, or if I become tolerant, we'll have to start over on all the drugs that I know DON'T WORK!! So I supplement with hot water bottle, hot baths, treadmill, etc on the days methadone doesn't keep symptoms at bay. Just ordered Kratom for those episodes (which are thankfully only about once a week).

I am so sorry DayAndNight. I seriously feel your pain. I hope Dr. B will let you stay on Oxycodone...what on earth would you take to get thru withdrawal and RLS??? Yikes.

Hang in there....I dream of the day we'll have a non-pharmaceutical solution!!

Joanie

Icnflms

Re: Relaxsis Pad

Post by Icnflms »

Hi dayandnight,

I hope you don't mind me making contact with you. I don't know if you will have seen our post in the announcements on this forum, but I work for a production company in the UK called Icon Films that has been making factual content for television 25 years. We are making a documentary about RLS/WED that aims to uncover the science so far behind the condition and learn what life is like for affected people. I've read some of your posts, and something that stood out to me was that you mentioned that Dr. Buchfuhrer (someone we are also talking with) had said you were in the top 1% of the severest cases of RLS he had ever seen. I'm extremely sorry to read that you have suffered so badly with RLS. We are sincerely hoping that the documentary will make a good contribution to raising awareness of this condition in the UK - as at the moment it's very under-researched and practically unheard of by those who themselves aren't sufferers.

Would you be willing to chat to us about your experiences of living with RLS? If you're interested, please email rls@iconfilms.co.uk.
You can take a look at our advert for the programme on our company website and the other types of documentaries we make.
Thanks for your time and if we don't hear from you I wish you all the best with coping with your RLS. http://www.iconfilms.co.uk/whats-going- ... m-rls.html

Best wishes,

Ariane