RLS friendly H2 Agonist

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
robertgreen99

RLS friendly H2 Agonist

Post by robertgreen99 »

Hi All,

I am unable to take PPI's and Zantac is making my RLS worse. Does anyone know of any RLS friendly H2 Agonist?

its strange because RLS UK say to avoid Zantac but other websites say H2 agonist are fine

http://www.rls-uk.org/#!treating-rls/czj2

Any ideas?

ViewsAskew

Re: RLS friendly H2 Agonist

Post by ViewsAskew »

They definitively bother some of us - not all, but enough that it could be an issue.

There have been some discussions about them. You might try a search. I seem to remember that some people took extra iron or iron at a different part of the day....I can't remember, darn it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

dayandnight

Re: RLS friendly H2 Agonist

Post by dayandnight »

I have taken Prevacid for years (60 mg per day) and it has never bothered me. It is a H2 blocker as well.