Lyrica/Hand (Finger Tremors)

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Sojourner

Lyrica/Hand (Finger Tremors)

Post by Sojourner »

Currently on 300 mg of Lyrica for about 6 mos. During past several months I seem to be noticing what I would decribe as a "resting tremor" in the fingers of both hands. Can't say I noticed this immediately on being prescribed Lyrica at initial lower doses or my current dose. Just sort of creeped up into my consciousnes over the past 2-3 months. I do notice "tremors" listed as a potential side effect of Lyrica. In any event, wondering if others have had a similar experience, to what extent, and if the tremors ceased upon stopping the Lyrica. Have a scheduled dr. apply to discuss this but thought I would do some research ahead of time. Previously on neurontin for quite a few years and did not notice any "tremor" back then. I know symtoms could reflect other conditions but though this was a good place to start.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Re: Lyrica/Hand (Finger Tremors)

Post by ViewsAskew »

That's similar to what happened to me with pramipexole - truly freaked me out - but they stopped after about 2-3 weeks. I'd definitely not like it if they continued for months.

Hope someone has some info about it for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Good dr. visit today regards issue. Dr. a bit reluctant to take me off the Lyrica as (a) it has been quite good for the rls and (b) she is not sure that it is the cause. Each reason understandable and shared by me. So after a thoughtful collaborative discussion we both opted for a conservative approach. This would involve tapering the Lyrica by about 100 mg. and see if that results in any change to the tremors and/or rls symptoms. She said she would likely do this anyway before stopping the lyrica or transitioning back to another med such as neurontin (which was previously successful). We had a frank discussion about other possible causes and whether or not to get a neurological consultation. In the end, in addition to the taper, we shculeded a followup for two months with the understanding that I am able to call in regards how the taper is going and/or coming in again sooner. A neurological consultation was postponed pending how our plan A develops. Anyway, I was happy with the appointment in that we are least on a path to obtain some sort of diagnosis or resolution. I feel very fortunate to have the medical support that I do.

Wishing all here some peace this night.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sounds like a good plan. Do let us know what happens.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Just thought I would update this…

Am completely off the lyrica at this time. Tremors in all but my right hand have for all purposes subsided. Right hand tremors predate the lyrica and I think are related to hand surgery gone funny. Now trying to find other med(s) to replace the lyrica. Neurological consultation has been scheduled.

So, in my instance, I definitely think that there was a relationship between the lyrica and tremors I was experiencing.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Interesting. I wonder if you were more susceptible to that side effect because of the existing right-hand problem? Not that I have a clue how that would work.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Icnflms

Post by Icnflms »

Hi Sojourner,

I don't know if you will have seen our post in the announcements on this forum, but I work for a production company in the UK called Icon Films that has been making factual content for television 25 years. We are making a documentary about RLS/WED that aims to uncover the science so far behind the condition and learn what life is like for affected people. From reading some of your recent posts I've seen that you seem to be having a particularly hard time with your RLS, which I'm very sorry to read about. We are hoping that the documentary will make a good contribution to raising awareness of this condition in the UK - as at the moment it's very under-researched and practically unheard of by those who themselves aren't sufferers.
Would you be willing to chat to us about your experiences of living with RLS? If you're interested, please email rls@iconfilms.co.uk.
You can take a look at our advert for the programme on our company website and the other types of documentaries we make.
Thanks for your time and if we don't hear from you I wish you all the best with coping with your RLS.
Best wishes,

Ariane