Blood pressure meds leading to RLS?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
needhamal

Blood pressure meds leading to RLS?

Post by needhamal »

I am thrilled to report that my very severe RLS (characterized by a throbbing sensation in my feet) has improved markedly now that I have gone off Lisonopril, which I'd been taking for high blood pressure. I'd read some things online that suggested a link (though not necessarily a distinct one) between the two, but in my case it was significant. Anyone on this board who also happens to have high blood pressure may want to check with your doctor to determine whether your particular RLS may be affected by BP meds.

ViewsAskew

Re: Blood pressure meds leading to RLS?

Post by ViewsAskew »

Interesting. Glad it helped you when you stopped!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Blood pressure meds leading to RLS?

Post by Polar Bear »

A blessing - something to bear in mind if you ever need to use blood pressure medication in the future. Quite an incentive to try and keep blood pressure down.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation