suboxone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
shawnaleedavis

suboxone

Post by shawnaleedavis »

Suboxone has saved my life. I checked myself into a psych hospital after a month of not sleeping and the psych doctor put me on Suboxone. I have severe RLS and have had it for about 15 years. I have never used narcotics before (I'm a nurse and was afraid to use them). He put me on 4 mg, (I threw up all night and was out of it until about 4pm the next day). I now take only 0.25 about 5pm and I sleep like a baby. It's hard to get because it's a medication used for witdrawl of opiates but I hope this info will help somebody else.

badnights

Re: suboxone

Post by badnights »

What a relief that must be! How awful that you had to check into a psych hospital just to get relief from a neurological disease that's treatable in a clinic. But how wonderful that the doctor knew what to do! Or, sort of knew.

Did you know you had this disease? There are other opioids that might work for you too; I take hydromorph contin. It may be easier to get than suboxone or methadone. On the other hand, you've probably had enough horror in your life for the time being and aren't keen to start experimenting.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

How good to hear that you can now sleep at night. I wish you well.
Thank you for telling us this.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

veldon75

Post by veldon75 »

I used to work @ Psych office we had a Dr. who prescribed Suboxone for Opiate withdrawal. It's funny how Suboxone and Methadone work in our brains to relieve RLS. I asked my pain Dr. a couple yrs ago if he could add Suboxone to my Oxycodone, and he said I don't think that would be a good idea. Now in UK they have approved Suboxone and Oxycodone for RLS.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I just saw that oxycodone/nalaxone was approved in the UK in September 2015! That is great news for folks there who needed another option.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

My brother uses it and it works great. Hmmmm wonder what Dr B would say
jy13131