Getting off pramipexole etc.

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Rustsmith

Re: Getting off pramipexole etc.

Post by Rustsmith »

legs, first understand that your post is not egocentric. Just as you have learned from reading what others have done, the experiences you described will help others.

And I love the description of your RLS having a personality of its own. My imagination immediately jumped to a little gremlin with a mischievous sense of humor who is hiding inside all of us just waiting for the opportunity to jump out to remind of his presence.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

legsbestill wrote:This Board is a life-saver and the positive contribution you mods make to helping me cannot be overstated. It is like returning to a calm supported place just logging in here.

:mrgreen: :clap: :thumbup:

legsbestill wrote:I feel so egocentric and slightly embarrassed posting every detail of my attempts and plans but it is so helpful even just getting them out of my head and into the ether.

Think of it as simply taking care of yourself. And the best part? In short order you'll be the one here who is helping others and you'll pay it forward. That's what we all do - we're a tribe that looks after each other and ensures we all get the best possible experience and help. Without you and what you offer, that system doesn't work. Here's looking forward to seeing you in the encouraging chair, helping out someone we haven't yet met :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

In short order you'll be the one here who is helping others and you'll pay it forward. That's what we all do - we're a tribe that looks after each other and ensures we all get the best possible experience and help. Without you and what you offer, that system doesn't work. Here's looking forward to seeing you in the encouraging chair, helping out someone we haven't yet met :-).
Indeed. We've all been in your shoes! And still are at times.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.