Water pills

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Laura W

Water pills

Post by Laura W »

So, came home from surgery with serious swelling in my feet and legs from water retention. Painful skin stretching. Got prescription for lasix and took half dose, was hit with Restless legs within the hour, lasted all night long. I thought I would share, since I searched the whole forum and there were no posts about this.
I ended up super elevating my legs and putting on support stockings to compress for relief...

ViewsAskew

Re: Water pills

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for sharing. Let us know if it keeps happening. And, so sorry you were miserable with RLS all night! Hope you recover soon.

I did a Web search and couldn't find anything that linked Lasix to RLS. Dr Buchfuhrer replied to a patient on his blog that there was no relationship between Lasix and RLS.

That makes me wonder if something else is not going on. Surgery often causes increased symptoms. Also could be that the surgery opioids are wearing off. Glad that the support stockings are helping.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.