Difficulty receiving handwritten script from Johns Hopkins Sleep Center

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
tea4one

Difficulty receiving handwritten script from Johns Hopkins Sleep Center

Post by tea4one »

Hello, I have been dealing with RLS for decades and was elated to find the care of Dr. Earley at Johns Hopkins, but at least once every 2-3mos I have difficulty receiving my renewals in a timely manner. I am beyond frustrated and have sent an email to the Patient Rep office at Hopkins weeks ago, but never received a reply. Well, this week I received a script for the wrong med. This would be understandable if it happened only once in a great while, but going without meds and having to overnight scripts has been part and parcel to my health care at Johns Hopkins for the better part of 3YRS! I now have the opportunity to pursue a full-time position with the National Parks Services that will require frequent travel, and I have little faith in this clinic to administer my script renewals in an expeditious manner. I would like to find another clinic/hospital that is a little more dependable for out of state patients like myself.
Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

Thanks,
J

ViewsAskew

Re: Difficulty receiving handwritten script from Johns Hopkins Sleep Center

Post by ViewsAskew »

While my scripts are usually handled well with Dr. B's office, I have had issues. I have to be very proactive. The biggest issue I have is with them writing them correctly for my state. I've had three scripts that were unusable - and then needed to have additional ones sent.

I've been lucky in that I was able to build a small stash - so that I am not out exactly when it looks as if I am. So, if they are a few days late, I am still OK. Some of the things I do include sending an email a week prior to when I need them to be mailed, including ALL directions about how to write the script, and a reminder of the dates they should be for and for how much. Then I usually call the day they are to be sent (mine come FedEx) and verify that the pickup took place. More than once I've thought all was completed only to find out FedEx didn't show up and the office didn't do anything about it.

It sounds like this job could be wonderful for you - I hope it works out for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.