Depression....again

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Polar Bear

Re: Depression....again

Post by Polar Bear »

Views, sounds like you had a really productive day - and you made it really better for a student.

On reflection my comment of yesterday about "'doing what you've told yourself to do - i.e. going for a walk"' may come across as flippant, and for that I apologise.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:Views, sounds like you had a really productive day - and you made it really better for a student.

On reflection my comment of yesterday about "'doing what you've told yourself to do - i.e. going for a walk"' may come across as flippant, and for that I apologise.

No, it made me laugh :-). Something I need more of. Thanks.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Made me laugh too!! Not sure if would have made me laugh if the big black dog was barking at my door (depression) but one thing I love about this forum...I KNOW, with every living cell in my body, even the ones who are going haywire right now, jumping and twitching, that you guys have my back. You know me, you love me, you support me, you are here for me, and anything you say to me, it is with the motive of love and support. So even if someone's "tough love" might piss me off at the moment (that hasn't happened, just saying), I know I would quickly know that the motives are pure and filled with support.

Sorry about the parentheses and run on sentences...Even though I have 24/7 RLS, it definitely gets worse this time of night and I seem to lose the ability to craft coherent sentences <3

Hugs to all who need one tonight!! Extra hugs to those who think they don't need them lolololol

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ditto that!

Definitely not improving, yet. I had a couple slightly better days, but the last two have been miserable. The two that were better coincided with when I took only methadone - could be coincidence. In the past, I've had some issues with pramipexole and mood...I really hope that isn't causing an issue.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Double ditto !!

Views - I have many fingers crossed that it is not your medication that's causing mood upset. Your present regime has done so well. I do hope that 3 or 4 weeks will see a big change for the good.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am SOOOOOO sleepy. I can't tell if it's just me adjusting to the meds or me being depressed. I hate to say it - my RLS has been under pretty good control until tonight and other than walking up and doing 5-10 minutes of exercises off and on, I am sleeping 12 hours a night. I just cannot wake up. And, I'm exhausted by 2 AM (often I'm asleep at 4 or 5 AM, so this is weird). Then I can't make myself get up at 11 or noon. When I do get up, I spend 2-3 45 minutes episodes trying to make my brain functional.

Today seemed a bit better in mood - here's hoping it's working.

I'm also eating MUCH more than I need. I've been making myself eat carrot and celery sticks or apple slices at least most times when I'm binging...but I still have managed to eat a LOT of junk. This better stop!

Managing Your RLS

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Sure does sound like side effects to me :-( And yucky ones at that! I am too quick to stop meds because of yucky side effects but when I fight it out, seems to take a month for them to subside. Congrats on your carrot/celery binging. Even if junk food gets in there, you are minimizing it with veggies!!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It can be tough g fighting depression. I've been there many times. I think depression can cause sleepiness. Hang in there.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

You are trying so hard - congrats on the veggie sticks.
Betty

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Add some melon cubes or balls to your veggie sticks—aside from being expensive they're delicious and good for us.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Views, Just remember…A carrot a day keeps the-----Well hell, a carrot a day is pretty darned good. :) I'm really hoping that you're better today cause you deserve it.

Wishing all who visit here some peace this night
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yankiwi wrote:Add some melon cubes or balls to your veggie sticks—aside from being expensive they're delicious and good for us.

I love most fruit, but just cannot stand melon! I also have been using apple slices with peanut butter or cream cheese when I want something sweet.

Managing Your RLS

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sojourner wrote:Views, Just remember…A carrot a day keeps the-----Well hell, a carrot a day is pretty darned good. :) I'm really hoping that you're better today cause you deserve it.

Wishing all who visit here some peace this night

Thanks, Sojourner - very kind of you. Everything was about the same...

Managing Your RLS

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

If you can't stand melon you'll save money! I love apple slices with peanut butter on them, they taste just like a caramel apple to me.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Today has been a bit better in the food department. Only had a reasonable breakfast and a small snack. I'm hungry for lunch now. Of course, I didn't get out of bed until noon...so my lunch is at dinner time. I feel less empty emotionally, but I am still so lethargic. I could go to sleep right now. Of course, about 4 hours after I get up my RLS starts, so that is out of the question! I try to manage the first 3-4 hours of symptoms without drugs, but with this lethargy, it's hard to do. I made myself walk to the store yesterday. I need something I forgot, so maybe I'll make myself walk there again today.

Managing Your RLS