Here I go...

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
badnights

Re: Here I go...

Post by badnights »

Glad you did that, Ann. good luck!!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I have been emailing with a doctor. She is responsive, kind, and has emailed me within hours of me emailing her. She even said she admired me for advocating for myself and how hard I work to get the care I need.* She won't say, however, if she will agree to an infusion or to continue the medications I currently take. I get her point - she wants to make her own decisions based on what she sees. I told her that what I wanted was that she was open and would consider all possibilities.

But in the light of the morning, I want that infusion and I don't want to have to fight for it or take the chance that she won't agree and that I have to start over. I've started over SO many times with SO many doctors.

But, I can't get the infusion unless I have a local doctor write the script. My primary is new to me and I don't have the relationship with her I need. I don't know if she would agree.

I guess I need to just suck it up and find some strength I don't feel I have and just make appointments with all of them. My insurance is active on July 1st. I already have an appointment with the foot doctor for the 1st (plantar fasciitis that won't heal and a tendon injury). So, I guess I just make an appointment with my GP - I do need my annual gyne exam - and sound her out first, then make the appointment with Dr Park for a few days later. If neither will work with me, then I guess I just find another way.

*Why is this crap never easy???? While I appreciate someone noticing, none of us should have to do this. Truly.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

So good that you now have insurance - I hope that this doctor is cooperative and willing.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:Glad you did that, Ann. good luck!!

Thanks.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:So good that you now have insurance - I hope that this doctor is cooperative and willing.

Me, too!

Managing Your RLS