Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Yankiwi

Re: Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Post by Yankiwi »

I don't like to sit around either. When I was a teenager (long before I knew I had RLS) I used to say "standing burns more calories than sitting" if someone asked me to have a seat. Maybe my body new something that my mind didn't.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Well, you aren't going to believe this. I went to bed around 10 pm, fell asleep. I was very tired. No creepy crawlies in my arms, but just slightly. I was able to ignore it. Up to bathroom around 2am. Back to sleep. It's now 8 am. So I'm guessing 9 plus hours.
Last night I took one Mirapex and one Gabapentin around 7 pm. Then about 9, two sleeping pills, one gabapentin and 100 mg of Tramadol. At 2 am last Gabapentin.
I am so relieved. I took a little job yesterday to help this person out. I'm supposed to be there at 10 am. Also many days with her all summer.
I am so grateful for last night. I have only added the tramadol the last couple of nights. Hope this continues.
Ann, I hope yours gets better soon too.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Great news. I think mine is slightly better, too. Not enough to proclaim success, but I was able to sleep about 8 hours one night and about 5 hours last night. That is good and I'll take it over the 1 to 2 hours we were getting.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I worked really hard today, physically. When I do that then my RLS/PLMs are usually worse. I've had a couple sensations just sitting here. Will see how the night goes. My husband doesn't want me to switch to the Norco tonight. He just wants me to take it on Sunday night, since the second night last week was terrible. I will work a couple more hours tomorrow.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Last evening wasn't that great, which happens to me when I'm too physical. (like over exercising) Anyway, the night wasn't too bad. Slept about four hours, but then had arm sensations. I was up for about an hour. Decided to try and go back to bed. Luckily it went ok. Arms were better. Slept another four hours. So I felt ok today. I hope this trend continues.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I hope this trend continues.
Me too :)
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Tonight is my night of not taking Mirapex, so I took the Norco. It just doesn't do a thing for me. So here I sit, legs going and awake. Only 1am. Good news, arms are fine. No sensations, thank goodness.
I go back to my doctor tomorrow to fill her in, plus I want to ask about the ferritin, that is 793.
Anyone have any thoughts on that ?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Another question? My doctor said that mmj would cause central sleep apnea. Would the kratom do the same?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That sux. I honestly do not know about the kratom and breathing - a quick Google search might help, but people might not know since it likely hasn't been studied at all. I did find this quote, though, "In animal studies where rats were given mitragynine, those rats had no respiratory depression." So, looks like it might not be an issue.

Per the ferritin - I remember thinking WOW when I saw your level - 793! No idea what to say about that...

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yeah, I stopped my iron about a month ago now, because I was worried. Then had the blood test a couple of weeks later. I originally thought, if it was around 400, that would be ok. So I don't know.
Last edited by debbluebird on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Regarding the breathing, it's more about it affecting my brain. My brain forgets to tell me to breath. That's central sleep apnea.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yes, but for some reason I thought you had mixed - both central and obstructive. You wouldn't want anything to depress any breathing - that is what opioidsl. I couldn't find anything definitive, by the way, that marijuana would induce/worsen central apnea and saw some research that it might help - but didn't say if it would help both obstructive and central.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes, I do have both. But it's the central that I have to manage.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Right - but you wouldn't want anything to worsen the obstructive, even if it didn't hurt the central, right?

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Right.
Only got two hours last night. It was my night to take Norco and not Mirapex. This seems to be a trend.
Primary doc now wants me to stop it and go back to pulmonary doc, who also does sleep, etc. She doesn't know what to do with me.
Also, since I've only been taking one Mirapex .125 mg, to try and cut that in half and see what happens.
I don't see that there are very many choices left.