Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debbluebird

Re: Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Post by debbluebird »

Boy, I am having a terrible night. I restarted the Mirapex, but it feels like I'm in withdrawal. I am not really sleeping at all. Arms are going again, I'm restless, it's awful. I'm all over the bed. Just now I took a second Mirapex, to see if that would help.

badnights

Post by badnights »

My doctor said that mmj would cause central sleep apnea.
How strange. I wonder if he has information or if he's just guessing? Because an article that Steve posted (viewtopic.php?p=84971#p84971) says there is some evidence that marijuana helps OSA - it reduced the number of apneas in 17 OSA patients.

I don't see that there are very many choices left.
What are the obstacles to moving to sea level?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

The evidence of central sleep apnea was seen during the sleep study.
The obstacle for moving is money. Limited income. Our housing and cost of living here is low compared to other areas.
Plus, my husband doesn't tolerate heat. He also has terrible allergies. Where we live, seems to be the best in that regard.
I'm planning on getting another appointment with the main doctor again, but it will take a couple of months. I'm calling tomorrow, per my primary doc yesterday.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was finally able to sleep a couple of hours. I was then up awhile, then back to bed for a couple more hours. I know I don't have RLS/PLMs as bad as some people, but my options for meds is about gone. This is very discouraging.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Maybe re-evaluate your hesitation about kratom?
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes, thank you. I am considering it.
Last night. Early on, I felt the arms creepy crawlies, not too bad, but bad enough, not to be able to sleep. Finally I decided to take two Tramadol. I waited 30 min, and was able to go to sleep. So I slept from about 11:30 pm to 8:30 am. Not bad. I guess it was the Tramadol that helped. Still was very tired today. Guess I will be for awhile.
Today I blew it. Had some chocolate. So I will have insomnia for several hours and may have increased RLS/PLMs. I never know how it will go. It's always a gamble with chocolate. I hate that. Oh well, I'm human.
Called the pulmonary doctor. Didn't get an appointment. They are so busy that after they fill the appointment dates, they then have a waiting list for the next schedule. They need more doctors for the volume. They see all the pulmonary patients, plus the sleep patients.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm wondering if I will even need the Mirapex after the withdrawal if over. My legs are quiet right now with three gabapentin (300 mg each) and one Mirapex .125 mg. Maybe I won't need the Mirapex. That would be nice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That would be very nice!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

I was taking 0.375 milligrams of mirapex when I augmented. After re-sensitizing my dopamine receptors by stopping mirapex for 10 days, I was able to get good control of my jumping legs at 0.125 milligrams daily. The ketogenic diet with the addition of low doses of Kratom, gabapentin, and medical marijuana have made it so that many days I can take only one half of a tablet to control my jumpy legs and the other medications help me sleep fairly well. While I would certainly like to get off the mirapex as well, l am miserable if I try to stop it completely.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I've been there, the first time that I took Mirapex. It can be awful.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It's been three or four nights now, that I haven't been able to get to sleep until 3 or 4 am. I realize for a lot of people that is the norm. For me, it is not. Luckily I haven't had to get up and be somewhere early. Next week I have my job and have to be there by 8 am. It's only three times a month.
Are we there yet ?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Is it the sleeplessness or the sensations?

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It's still the sensations. It is getting pretty old. Last night I was sitting in my chair and all of a sudden fell asleep. About fell out of the chair. Thankfully, I got up and was able to go to sleep. I guess the sensations had finally left me. I keep hoping for a better night.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was active most of the day. Then this evening I've been quiet, watching TV. All of a sudden, the sensations start. It's 8:45 PM. What a pain.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's as if the sensations have morphed - for years, I had symptoms/sensations throughout the day starting about 4 hours after I awakened. They weren't terribly strong to start, but they were almost always there. Lately I rarely have them until I relax thoroughly. But unlike with milder cases, the symptoms go from nothing to horrible in about 1 minute. As soon as I make myself wake up, be alert, etc, they stop - this includes when I am sleeping - no gentle stretches, no slow period of waking up. I have to wake up quickly and immediately or the PLMWs ca are violent. As soon as I'm back to being busy, working, cleaning, etc, all is quiet again. It's almost as if I have a different version than I used to.

Managing Your RLS