Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debbluebird

Re: PLMW - Or Jerky Legs

Post by debbluebird »

Can't seem to sleep during the day. I'm too restless, even thought I'm exhausted. I just would like this to be over. Then I remember, that what I have replaced it with will probably not last and I will have to go through withdrawal again. Just a little discouraging, having this disease. I keep thinking, how long can someone go without sleep before you die ?
Oh, I got a few hours last night, but felt pretty tired all day.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Well, another evening of withdrawal, creepy crawlies in arms. It's the only symptom that I have been having. Oh, I forgot, arms hurt too at times. I guess if I had been on higher doses of Methadone, then it could be worse. At least my legs are quiet. No PLMS last night. Wish I could take naps.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yeah, I haven't been able to sleep during the day, either. If I'm up, my legs are pretty quiet, but as soon as I try to sleep, they go nuts.

It really is discouraging, isn't it? I think I spent 12 years being hopeful and looking for new things and now I'm just plain out of hope - it's just going to suck, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yep
Well, an interesting night so far. It's the weekend, so I didn't take the Mirapex. Took my opioid instead (Norco), a hydrocodone. My doctor didn't want to give me codeine. Thought I might not tolerate it and I had taken the Norco with surgeries. Took it at 9 pm. By 10 I was ready to go to bed. I felt sleepy and relaxed. It took away the arm creepy crawlies. I thought wow, maybe I will go to sleep. It still took a long time though. I don't know, I was just awake, but I finally slept, maybe three hours.
It's now 2 am, creepy crawlies woke me up. So I got five hours of arm relief. I'm up now because I'm waiting for second one to take affect. Anyway, I wondering this, since it masked the Methadone withdrawal, probably fed those receptors, will that slow getting through the withdrawal? It's now only been 20 minutes and I'm feeling relief again.
Originally she had wanted me to see if I could get away with just one Norco. Right now I can't.
Wondering if I should wait for withdrawal to be over before taking the Norco on weekends? It sure has been a fairly comfortable night.

debbluebird

Re: Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Post by debbluebird »

After taking second Norco at 2 am, within 30 min I got sleepy, but couldn't go to sleep. I was just awake. No symptoms of any kind. Finally, may have gotten three hours. PLMs woke me up. So I am up at 8 am. Usually don't get up this early.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Another day. Very tried. Luckily arms were better tonight, but legs acted up. Took Norco about 9 pm. Legs having PLMS. It's a after 11 pm. Will try now.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Not working. PLMS restarted. Won't take second Norco until 2 or 3 am. I will not take more than that. I did take a hot bath about 9 which was wonderful. It always takes it all away while in tub. Arms still quiet. If it's not one thing it's the other.
Waiting for ferritin results from last week.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Changing regimens is so hard. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Wondering if I should wait for withdrawal to be over before taking the Norco on weekends?
I am not able to guess what the difference might be. I don't know if it will delay the whole withdrawal process or if it attaches to different opioid receptors and won't affect it. A pharmacist might know? It sure would be nice for you to have some relief to look forward to.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Tonight is not good. Now, arms but mostly legs are going. Tomorrow back on Mirapex.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Was finally able to rest for maybe an hour, after another 30 min. hot bath. Not even sure I really got into a deep sleep. I doubt it. Had to get up due to leg and arm. Norco is not covering symptoms, at least while I'm in withdrawal. Maybe a nap later, I don't know.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope you can nap.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was only able to get about 30 minutes of sleep this morning. It's like I've had an illness all week. All I can do is nothing.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

In a way, you have had one! That's what withdrawal feels like. I was reading on an opioid forum that methadone withdrawal is often milder than most people thing, as long as you didn't just jump off a large dose. More like the flu.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I didn't realize today was going to be ao bad. It has been terrible. First left leg, then right and then right leg. Getting occasional PLMs while standing. Also getting the chills. Right leg muscle is very sore. Doing a lot of pacing. Very miserable.