Central Apnea, Methadone Withdrawal, and Other Trials and Tribulations

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debbluebird

Re: PLMW - Or Jerky Legs

Post by debbluebird »

I have taken Norco when I had my joint replacements, it's hydrcodone and tylenol. I know it is below Oxycodone. Oxy is from Morphine and hydrogen is from codeine. I just looked up the half life, 4 to 6 hours. So it looks like codeine would be the best.
I go to doctor Tuesday. She is not knowledgeable on RLS, but she usually goes along with what I suggest.
I just looked up codeine, its 2 to 4 hours.
Thanks

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Oh man, I looked up the half life of Methadone. It's 6 to 59 hours.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Today was fairly good. Now tonight is not so good. It's back in my arms and heart is pounding, blood pressure is up. Took another blood pressure pill. It's ok I was on that dose before I lost 20 pounds.
I the Gabapentin. 300 mg and three hours later the Mirapex 0.125 mg.
Should I take a second Mirapex in a while ?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Pramipexole takes at least an hour to work, could take up to 90 minutes. I'd give it a little while and see how you feel.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Starting to feel better. Will try again.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'm pretty miserable right now, too. Changing meds ALWAYS sux. It's one of the reasons that I think it DOES matter that we not get dependent. It is so hard to change when that happens. I wish more doctors understood this.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm still up. Oh well

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Still up !

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Finally got to sleep around 4 am. Woke up about 9 am. Last night, it wasn't my legs that were bothering me, it was my arms, and especially my right arm. That is the only joint that hasn't been replaced. I'm wondering if my arthritis is very active in that joint. In fact the left arm wasn't that bad. Every time I tried to go to sleep, my arm was just full of creepy crawlies. I just couldn't stand it. I don't know. In fact I can feel it right now.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Yuk. I hate that. Sleep whenever it stops!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yeah, as Beth said, sleep whenever you can. I hope this doesn't last too long.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

That's the thing, it hasn't stopped. During the day, if I start to relax, it starts. Now this evening, my right arm is ragging. Can hardly sit here. I've taken my gabapentin and Mirapex at 6 pm. I'm so tired now. It just seems to be going on forever. The funny thing is, it's not my legs. The legs are quiet. No RLS. No PLMs. A few minutes ago my leg felt a little creepy crawly, but it has stopped now. It has also gone to under my shoulder blade on the right. I see my primary tomorrow. Have to fill her in about all the changes. I'm sure she will be glad that I have stopped the Methadone.
On a side note regarding my husband and his pain. He had a neck fusion a year ago. Now pain is horrible and he is losing his balance. He saw the pain doctor, he had another MRI done. Pain doctor said he needed to go back to the neuro surgeon. He has a herniated disc above the fusion and one below the fusion. He really doesn't want another surgery, but he keeps getting worse. So we will see. He has to make the appointments. We are falling apart.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Oh Deb. You need to have one of those moments when suddenly everything seems beautiful. Comes out of nowhere and makes you see good things where before all looked bleak and impossible to deal with. I hope you get a few of those.

If you're still at 300 mg gabapentin, your doctor will probably get you to go higher. Something can be done- just haven't figured out what yet. Hugs.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm at 300 mg three times a day. I just hate to go higher. Hate the way it makes me feel. I am very sensitive to drugs. But thanks
It is a little better right now. Tried to lie down, but then arm got worse. At least it is a little better.
Can't decide whether I should start a second Mirapex, since legs are calm.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was finally able to get some sleep last night. I got one hour, which I was disappointed that it was so short. Later I got three hours, then after that another four hours. Still felt very tired this morning and today. I went to the doctor and she agreed with my plan. She gave me a script for an hydrocodone, Norco. I've taken it before. She agreed to two tabs a night for the weekends. Then I will take the Mirapex during the week. Still taking the Gabapentin. After a month, I may make some changes, like stopping the Gabapentin or maybe the Mirapex. I don't know yet which one it will be. I'm leaning toward the Gabapentin, since I don't think it works as well as the Mirapex. I do remember that both put weight on me, only because they make me feel hungry all the time. At the time I didn't realize what was happening. Now that I know, I'm hoping that I can control the situation a bit. I don't want to gain back what I have lost over the winter. I'm exercising and I was feeling pretty good. Not so much lately.
We went to town (60 miles one way) and picked up the scripts. It was a nice outing. We try to limit our trips to town, once or twice a month.