Cymbalta

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
veldon75

Cymbalta

Post by veldon75 »

Hi: I've been suffering from RLS, PLMD, Fibro, Migraines, etc. Drs. try to give me medications, but the antidepressants like Celexa, etc. make my legs worse. I'm On Mirapex, Horizant, Relpax, Topamax, Wellbutrin, Dr. Mentioned Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia and depression but it may make my legs worse. I feel like crap with all these meds, going crazy! :( anyone had problems with Cymbalta? I took it a few years ago.

Polar Bear

Re: Cymbalta

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't used Cymbalta but have been taking Citalopram for several years and don't believe I've had any negative impact on my rls symptoms.

When it comes to needing an antidepressant it is generally considered best that you take this necessary medication and then deal with any increased rls symptoms. Many members have/are using an antidepressant and find that what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another.... unfortunately a case of trial and error.

At one time my GP prescribed Amitryptiline (an older antidepressant) to try and help with my fibromyalgia and my insomnia. There never seemed to be any benefit from it, and also no increased rls. I ended up weaning myself off it as I couldn't stand the next day foggyness and sense of 'being removed'.

I also don't like to take these medications, I forget what it was like before taking them. However, without them ---- life and lifestyle would be too miserable to consider.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

The problem is that there aren't any that make us all crazy. It's all trial and error. I just tried escitalopram and it didn't make my legs worse. I discontinued for other reasons.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

veldon75

Post by veldon75 »

I tried Citalopram and felt like my legs were worse, but who knows it's hard to tell guess I'll just have to try it. Thanks

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

If you have already tried Citalopram and believed that it made your symptoms worse, perhaps you could try a different AD.
If you do decide to give the Citalopram another go then you will be alert for any negative symptoms. Good luck.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation