Short term use of Mirapex (stopping kratom)- will it be hard to get off again?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ethan

Short term use of Mirapex (stopping kratom)- will it be hard to get off again?

Post by ethan »

I have mentioned in a previous thread that I have been managing my PLMD exclusively with Kratom. I will be going to Peru to participate in Ayahuasca and San Pedro Ceremonies. I have been on Mirapex safely when I have participated in these ceremonies in the past- also my Shaman has access to a physician who said this is a safe combination.

I have been researching Kratom+Ayahuasca and it appears to be a contraindication. I found the following article that states:
The elimination half-life of Kratom isn’t fully understood in humans, and in fact, its pharmacokinetics were only studied in animals until 2015. A recent study published in 2015 suggests that the elimination half-life of Kratom’s primary alkaloid “mitragynine” was approximately 23.24 hours (+/- 16.07 hours). However, it is necessary to state that this study [used] a small sample size of 10 males that had abused Kratom for 1 to 2 years.

Based on this information though, we can estimate that it’ll take around a full day to eliminate 50% of Kratom alkaloids from systemic circulation, and around 5.33 days to completely clear Kratom from a person’s system. However, when considering the variation and small sample size of the group examined in the pharmacokinetic report, it may be helpful to understand the variation in potential elimination half-life times.

On the fastest end of the spectrum, the half-life of Kratom alkaloids is 7.17 hours, indicating that it is likely to be out of a person’s system in 1.64 days. Comparatively, the slower elimination half-life of Kratom alkaloids is 39.31, indicating that it could take 9 days to completely clear Kratom from a person’s system.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/11/23 ... ur-system/

Based on this, it would seem to me that the safest thing to do would be to stop Kratom 10 days prior to ceremonies and take Mirapex instead. On to my question- assuming I am just going to take .125 mg of Mirapex for 10 days.....am I going to have to go through hell again getting off Mirapex?

Thank you,

Ethan

Interesting side note...when I did the San Pedro ceremony it was the only time in 5 years that I didn't use Mirapex and I had no movements. It was just one night. I believe mescaline affects the dopamine system which is probably why.

EeFall

Re: Short term use of Mirapex (stopping kratom)- will it be hard to get off again?

Post by EeFall »

Wow sounds like an interesting time for sure, I looked it up on the net, the first I have ever heard of it. I take Suboxone (4mg a day) and Kratom together (once in awhile) and it is also considered a contraindication but it doesn't seem to bother me, when I take Kratom I am taking around 12 to 14 grams at a time and it just makes me feel "normal" for the day. Mirapex is messed up, I stopped taking it even for short periods as it messes with my mind and I would have withdrawals for a couple of days from taking it even one night, it rattles my personality too. I doubt you would even need anything else if you are imbibing with Ayahuasca if it is partially Mescaline. Better safe than sorry though but I can't imagine Kratom being worse than Mirapex.

ethan

Re: Short term use of Mirapex (stopping kratom)- will it be hard to get off again?

Post by ethan »

Thanks for sharing. Working with these plant medicines has been life changing for me (from a spiritual perspective). San Pedro is Mescaline containing, Ayahuasca is not. Ayahuasca is the most chemically complex naturally occurring psychedelic and contains an MAO inhibitor. There have been a few deaths associated with mixing it with SSRI's and HIV medications. It works primarily on the serotonin system (which is why the mirapex was ok to combine with it). I have looked into Kratom and it does seem to have some involvement with the serotonin system.

I used mirapex for 7+ years and it will brutal to get off- I am hoping to avoid that. That said, I need something to use to control my movements for the short period I stop kratom