Clofen

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
mafusu

Clofen

Post by mafusu »

I am already taking 1 mg of Clonazapam but I'm still not sleeping. Yesterday my Dr told me to take 10-30mg of Clofen (Baclofen) as well. Has anyone used Clofen for RLS and what were the results?

Mafs

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not me - just have read about it on the www.rlshelp.org site. Seem to remember that it is most helpful for PLMD, but don't think it's a commonly used drug for RLS. Have you been to that site to read what he says? I know you're looking for people's experience, but not sure how many people will have tried it. He also has great information for all commonly prescribed RLS drugs.

Do you have daily RLS? If so, clonazepam is not considered a good choice because of the tolerance and dependence issues. Many doctors still start there, but it's a much better drug for occasional RLS. You may already know all this, but since I've had such difficulty stopping the clonazepam, thought I'd throw that out there. I'd hate to see someone else addicted to benzos when there are better drug (and non-drug) options to try.

Good luck - let us know how it works.

Ann

mafusu

Clofen

Post by mafusu »

Thanks Anne

Unfortunately I have been on Clonazapam for a few years now, so I hate the thought of any withdrawals as I have just withdrawn from Zoloft which I'd been on for 9 years. It was dreadful!!!! I did withdraw from Clonazapam for a while when I started taking Requip (Repreve in Australia) but that mad me violently ill so I had to go back to the Clonazapam and the Clofen.

I'm still waiting on the sleep study results so they may try me on something different again!!!

I get RLS every night really bad.

Take care
Gayl