RLS, Depression and Anti-depressants

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Madmom02

Re: RLS, Depression and Anti-depressants

Postby Madmom02 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:18 pm

Dropped the trazadone down to 50mg and no more nightmare. :)

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Interesting. Hope it stays that way AND still helps you sleep.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jul2873

Postby jul2873 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:53 am

Kratom does take care of my RLS symptoms. From reading Reddit I see that many people also use it as an antidepressant. And I'm pretty sure it lowers blood pressure. So you might consider trying it.

Madmom02

Postby Madmom02 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:56 pm

I hope that I haven't come across as unappreciative of all the support you all gave me about the nightmares. I lost this thread and have been really struggling with my vision so I've not been able to participate. Thank you for all your words of support!

The nightmares are gone. Yay! The ropinirole isn't working well - I started another thread about my next step.

I do think the trazadone was helping me get a little more sleep. I'll probably stick with it at 50mg for a bit longer because, while it doesn't help the RLS, it, combined with .5mg clonazepam, is letting me sleep 4-5 hours.

Cheers to all and thank you!

Return to “Prescription Medications”