RLS, Depression and Anti-depressants

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
peanut1

Re: RLS, Depression and Anti-depressants

Postby peanut1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Well that was a rather dumb thing I did. There have been a variety of mushrooms in the yard, some of them did look poisonous. Not doing that again. You do weird things when you are desperate. I did go to the store and got a mushroom blend for immune support. Helps a lot with the allergies.

Feet are doing better with reflexology and I also found out one of the hormones I was taking for sleep (I'm doing HRT) can cause muscoskeletal and joint pain. So I got the hormones switched. I am cautiously optimistic.

peanut1

Re: RLS, Depression and Anti-depressants

Postby peanut1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:26 am

OK I found a very safe natural antidepressant that should be okay with anyone's RLS. l-methionine. This is an amino acid that produces natural sam e in the body. Sam e has been used for depression. However, I tried sam e over the counter and it activated my RLS. I also know someone with major depressive disorder who stated methionine helped take the edge off the depression.
https://jonbarron.org/herbal-library/nu ... methionine

Return to “Prescription Medications”