Effectiveness of Gabapentin/Neurontin Over Time

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Madmom02

Re: Effectiveness of Gabapentin/Neurontin Over Time

Post by Madmom02 »

Oh, Polar Bear, I hope it all works out for you. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

I was on gabapentin for years and it stopped working. My neuro put me on .5mg clonazepam. Over the years, he increased the dose to 3mg and wouldn't go higher when it stopped working.

Because it wasn't working, I did a slow taper to get off it. It took me months (I didn't follow Ashton - she's a scientologist and BenzoBuddies is a scientology front group and my primary doctor said just reduce it by .5mg each week so I thought the hype was fake.). I just kind of went with how I felt it and went down .25mg every couple (?) of weeks and jumped off at .25mg. I had no withdrawal symptoms.

But, I was only off it for a month. My psychiatrist put me back on it for sleep and his misdiagnosis of anxiety. I take .25-1mg for sleep now (and none during the day), mostly at the lower dosage. Maybe I would have had withdrawal stuff if I'd been off it longer than a month. I know it has a really long half life so...

Ann, thanks for the info about diazepam and temazepam. I'll be seeing my sleep doc in March and will ask her about getting off the clonazepam. It makes me weepy at the higher dose.

Hope everyone has quiet legs tonite.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Madmom and Legsbestill - I shall be checking very soon that my script is ready for collection today. Having calmed down I'm now not sure about making an issue regarding the mess up about the collection yesterday. I'll certainly make comment.

On the other hand - pink hair is 'a bit dense' in a couple of places = my own inexperience. My best friend says ' like it but don't love it, see how you feel in a couple of days'. Hmmm... might contact my hairdresser and get a couple of blonde foils to break that little bit up.
Note to self: shouldn't act on impulse when adrenaline is running high !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Oh heck, if you don't act on impulse sometimes you miss the opportunity to learn things! And I hope you make a comment that leaves no doubt in the listener's mind about the grief they caused you.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

badnights - you are correct - I've decided to live with my impulse and had several complimentary remarks today from strangers about being funky.

My husband picked up our granddaughter from school and back to ours. He told her (9 years) that there was a pink lady in the house - she replied that they are her favourite apples.

I made a report via the Reception about lack of proper communication and the disruption caused, said I didn't want to make a big deal but that I did want it reported to the Practice Manager and noted.

Happily I've now got my 2 week Tamazepam 10mg supply and have an appointment with my regular GP in 10 days.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

That is just malpractice to stop supplying a benzo like that. Very serious for someone unprepared. They are even cheap here in US. Probably why supplier is holding back, not enough mark up.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

I laughed so loud at the pink lady apple comment that husband wanted to know why and he also roared with laughter. Well done for following through on pink impulse - I would love to be called funky. Also for making the comment at your surgery. It was p*** poor of them.

After my second child was born, I decided to take the opportunity while off work to try going peroxide blond (my hair was dark brown). My older daughter ran away crying when I arrived home from the hairdresser and the baby refused to recognize me. When I look back at the pictures now I can see why but I'm still glad I tried it.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Granddaughter has good taste in apples - they are among my favorites, too. And, if the worst thing people did when in a pique of anger is to get pink/purple hair, think about how much fun we'd all have!

Glad you have the script.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Madmom02

Post by Madmom02 »

Yah for the rx victory, for standing up for yourself with the Practice, and the pink hair. Persistence, strength, and humor win again - as do you!