Fighting opioid tolerance

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Noreserve

Re: Fighting opioid tolerance

Post by Noreserve »

Qyx, here is a post just today from another RLS forum. One of about a dozen over the course of the past few months:

"Yes, Ferrous Bisglycinate has been my savior. It has stopped my RLS cold and has allowed me to titrate off my Ropinerole slowly without any flare ups. It is like a magic bullet."

Oy, now I have to tell these people to try to "titrate" off the iron. There's gotta be a better way. I don't think of iron as particularly healthy, just necessary, like air and water. Supplementing with a good form of magnesium I believe is a worthwhile supplement. Iron, especially when you have healthy stores, is just kind of meh. Wish there was some supplement someone could find that would allow our brains to store some of that iron we ingest from food. I can dream can't I?

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Oyx,

I feel your pain re the tolerance issue. I'm on norco 5 mg and just came off a month off to reset. It's working...kinda...for now. I tried methadone and wasn't happy with it. Sleep MD is adamant about only norco 5 or methadone. So frustrating.

JohnHur

Post by JohnHur »

leggo_my_legs wrote:Oyx,

I feel your pain re the tolerance issue. I'm on norco 5 mg and just came off a month off to reset. It's working...kinda...for now. I tried methadone and wasn't happy with it. Sleep MD is adamant about only norco 5 or methadone. So frustrating.

How was it coming off of it for a month?

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Not sure which aspect you're referring to? I didn't have withdrawals. Receptors reset so it's working somewhat again.

I tried methadone briefly and clonazepam during that month. Neither were a good fit.