Klonipin (clonazepam)

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
overthehill66

Klonipin (clonazepam)

Post by overthehill66 »

I took a sleep test well over ten years ago, thinking I suffered from sleep apnea. The doctor at the time said that I had restless leg syndrom and sent me to a nerologist. This doctor prescribed clonazepam, which I have always been told was klonipin.
My dosage is .5mg and I take one pill every night before bed. Without it I keep moving my legs and have a hard time getting to sleep. I do seem to sleep better at night, but I am tired during the day and take regular naps. I am now sixty six years old and have had a stroke and a heart attack since the diagnosis was made.
When I first started seeing the ads on tv about rls I thought what the hell are these people talking about. Doctors knew about this condition a long time ago and never made a big fuss about it. I also have acid reflux and when I told doctors about my hiatus hernia they said there was really nothing they could do about it other than to verify that is what I had. I have lived with the fact that I cannot eat anything after eight o'clock in the evening or it will cause me to wake up in the night feeling like I need to throw up. My throat often has a burning sensation, probably caused by years of having stomach acid trying to get out during these sessions. :)

overthehill

Correction on name

Post by overthehill »

This entry was actually posted by overthehill.
I was diagnosed well over ten years ago