Is anyone else still on clonazepam?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Stainless

Re: Is anyone else still on clonazepam?

Postby Stainless » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Badnights you are right, not phantom pain as I have all my limbs. I was trying to describe a pain without an obvious cause other than rls. Luckily I retired before this phase of the disease started so the impact on my life is less. Up until a few years ago it was just a strong urge to move my legs and clonazepam allowed me to sleep well with no hangover. I now think I probably should have kept quiet about my concern about the benzodiazepine but that is water under the bridge. My doctor has been very cooperative but I never thought that changing meds might just make everything worse even after returning to clonazepam. When I quit clonazepam I had a sensation of freezing feet and knees for many months that I've read is a hallucination. I assumed the pain was the same thing. I'm not sure if the gabapentin does anything for the pain or just knocks me out. Likely the latter.

fuz_mind

Postby fuz_mind » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:03 am

badnights:

i was very surprised too :)

badnights

Postby badnights » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:47 pm

I never thought that changing meds might just make everything worse even after returning to clonazepam.
This disease is so weird.
One thing that's hard to avoid and completely unproductive is worrying about the future. Assuming the disease will get worse because that's what the medical descriptions say, but it turns out that other studies have discovered that remission is actually common. Worrying about how you'll survive the next 20 years when you have no idea if the disease will be better or worse in you in the next year, let alone 5 ... or 20. That said, I spent 8 years after my diagnosis worrying about my future. Some things are easier said than done!
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

Return to “Prescription Medications”