Is anyone else still on clonazepam?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
legsbestill

Re: Is anyone else still on clonazepam?

Post by legsbestill »

Good luck with the clonazepam elimination, Polar Bear. Wouldn't it be marvelous if getting rid of it resulted in more 7 hour sleep stretches?

Leggo, for what it's worth, I don't find that cannabis has a particularly appreciable effect on my RLS urge to move. It does help to induce sleep but I have noticed a significant reduction in word recall so maybe you aren't missing out so much.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

legsbestill & Beth - Thank you.
Well... I didn't get 7 hours last night but was only up once for an hour, thing is.... when I get up I get myself involved in something and perhaps was up longer than I needed to be !! I'll give it a couple of weeks getting off the Clonazepam completely and then going up to the 20mg amitriptyline - will then update.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Good luck, PB.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

good luck
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

legsbestill wrote:Leggo, for what it's worth, I don't find that cannabis has a particularly appreciable effect on my RLS urge to move. It does help to induce sleep but I have noticed a significant reduction in word recall so maybe you aren't missing out so much.

Thanks. Shoot...I already have a bad memory. I appreciate the heads up! :idea:

Cherylarotsell

Post by Cherylarotsell »

I take 0.5 mg at bed time. Have for 7years now. To help rls and sleep. Started at half for a few years now whole pill. I was just put on amytriptaline. 25mg at bed also. This has been about 5 days. I'm taking 1\4 of the 25mg at bed along with clorazapam...I'm like a zombie all the next day even on that low of dose. I'm going to try and cut clorazapam in half tonight and still do 1\4of amytriptaline. Can't feel this way, blurred vision and no energy..but on the good note, I've not had rls and have slept. I've been battling rls for well over 10 years. Good luck to you all and me too

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am well off the clonazepam and have been using amitryptilne for a couple of months. I might as well just whistle in the wind. The amitry is doing nothing for sleep.

Tomorrow I plan on contacting my Medical Centre and asking for a telephone appointment with my preferred doctor. Officially we are registered with the practice and not to a particular doctor although we can have a preferred doctor.
It means ringing at 8.30am exactly to try grab one of the available telephone appointments. I made it through this morning but my preferred doctor was off today and definitely he is the one to talk to. I've spent too many years (guiding) with him and don't want to speak with just anyone. He's quite firm but very fair.... touch wood.

I'm hoping to discuss with him the possibility of using two different sleeping meds.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

So I had a telephone appointment with my preferred GP this morning. My current amitryptiline dosage is 2 x 10mg and is of no benefit. After checking that I had no adverse side affects, Dr has increased the Amitry to 25mg and I can take 2 i.e. up to 50mg. As I had regularly taken 30mg this will be an increase from 30mg to 50mg.

When I suggested using two different sleeping medications as a combination ---- he was not amenable. It wasn't going to happen.

So.... I'll pick up the amitry this afternoon and we shall see how it goes.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Betty, I wish you had access to someone who was in the know.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, I agree Ann.
When my GP referred me privately to a neurologist it was very clear that I knew more about RLS than the neuro and I told my GP so.

HOWEVER - I will say this very quietly.... sshhhhh....... It's only been one night.
last night I took 50mg amitryptiline at 9pm. Bed at 11pm-ish. Read for a short while and fell asleep.
Up for a while 2-ish and almost fell asleep at the pc.
Back to bed 3-ish until 8am.
So... 3 + 5 = 8
Only one awakening and a total of 8 hours. That's double my usual.
When I awoke this morning I felt very different.... and there was no hangover effect from the amitry.

Sssshhhhh........ I don't want this elusive thing called sleep hear me talking about it .
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

WOW. oh, sorry, I will be quiet.....wow!

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Betty

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Mum's the word!