Legs and arms buzzing on ativan

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
leggo_my_legs

Legs and arms buzzing on ativan

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Just wow. I take ativan occasionally for anxiety and it appears to be messing with my PMLS, kind of turning it into whole body RLS. My limbs are buzzing and it's like I have to convulse to stop it. Not happy.

ViewsAskew

Re: Legs and arms buzzing on ativan

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sounds awful!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

yawny

Post by yawny »

Yikes, I haven't ever tried Ativan...I take Buspar for anxiety and it has helped immensely. But I take it every day, and in the morning/early afternoon because it disrupts my sleep, but overall creates a calm in me which has helped my sleep. If I'm dealing with an issue that ends up pervading my sleep, then I always take the supplement Passion Flower. It really works. I also take the supplement Valerian for when I need extra help with PLMS and I've noticed that Passion Flower seems to distinctly help anxiety in a way no other supplement does. I can take Passion Flower during the day too. It doesn't make me sleepy.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Thanks, great suggestions, Yawny. I will check those out!

badnights

Post by badnights »

My limbs are buzzing and it's like I have to convulse to stop it.
That sounds more like RLS/WED than PLMS
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Yes, I'm converting a bit, I think!