tapering off ropinirole

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
badnights

Re: tapering off ropinirole

Postby badnights » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:00 am

If you have an infection anywhere, that could raise your ferritin levels. Should be temporary though.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

Bronwen

Postby Bronwen » Fri May 18, 2018 4:40 pm

I tried to come off pramipexole by 25%, complete disaster, suicide territory.
I now have a methadone scrip, and will try to reduce the DA by no more than 10% per month, with methadone as needed.
I have read enough about DAWS to be truly afraid. Apparently, as many as 19% of sufferers will get DAWS, some of them for protracted periods - or for life.
Do not mess with this stuff! No wonder so many legal cases are in the pipeline.

stjohnh

Postby stjohnh » Fri May 18, 2018 7:10 pm

I'm glad you managed to get the methadone prescription. It should make coming off the pramipexole quite a bit easier, although not necessarily easy. What is your current dose of pramipexole?
Blessings,
Holland

stjohnh

Postby stjohnh » Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Hmmm, I missed the "methadone as needed" part of your post. Methadone has a very long Half-Life and so doesn't really lend itself to as-needed use. How are you thinking of using it as-needed?
Blessings,
Holland

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Sat May 19, 2018 2:40 am

DAWS is very unlikely with low doses. How much are you taking, Bronwen? Once you get to 1 mg or pramipexole, I do not believe there are issues with stopping it immediately - but check with a pharmacist to be sure. I'd check with Dr. B - email him as somno@verizon.net. He usually says to stop cold turkey if taking 1 mg or less. You can taper prior if taking more, but I think he says to reduce every 3 to 4 days.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Prescription Medications”