RLS symptoms and Opioid withdrawal

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Polar Bear

Re: RLS symptoms and Opioid withdrawal

Post by Polar Bear »

Yankiwi, I watch a recent television programme about this family, they live about an hour's drive from me.

We were brought up with porridge in the morning. I remember my grandfather, who in later years lived with us, would make his porridge at night ready for the morning. Often slicing it out of the pot, cold, deciding whether to have ordinary full fat milk (he called it sweet milk) or buttermilk. Deciding also whether to add sugar or salt.

And yes, many of us have supper before bedtime, it could be just tea and a biscuit, or it could be a plateful of anything which could almost equal a full meal.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Re: RLS symptoms and Opioid withdrawal

Post by Yankiwi »

Kiwis call dinner (evening meal) tea. When I first moved here a notoriously cheap couple invited me to tea. (Their reputation preceded them.) I wondered if they meant a meal or just a hot drink and cookie (biscuit) or piece of cake. I was wrong on both choices, they offered a hot drink, not even a cookie. They were also creepy. Needless to say I avoided them after that.
I have porridge three times a week and mix it up the night before. I like it but consider it more like medicine than my usual cereal mix.