COVID vaccine and RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
peanut1

COVID vaccine and RLS

Post by peanut1 »

I asked my doctor if he noticed if the COVID vaccine adversely impacted the RLS. Dr. Ondo didn't comment on that, because I'm assuming he's not going to claim to know something he doesn't. He did say that vaccine trials go on for years but they give updates on what they discover. Needless to say I'm not getting the vaccine anytime soon, perhaps not at all. It's not worth making this damn condition worse.

ViewsAskew

Re: COVID vaccine and RLS

Post by ViewsAskew »

peanut1 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:18 am
I asked my doctor if he noticed if the COVID vaccine adversely impacted the RLS. Dr. Ondo didn't comment on that, because I'm assuming he's not going to claim to know something he doesn't. He did say that vaccine trials go on for years but they give updates on what they discover. Needless to say I'm not getting the vaccine anytime soon, perhaps not at all. It's not worth making this damn condition worse.
So far, none of us here have reported any issues that I know of. I seem to recall a thread about it awhile back.

Anyone get the vaccine and have issues? I did not.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I got the Astra Zeneca vaccine and have had no issues whatsoever.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Thank you Betty, let me look for that thread!

MichaelSGeneva

Post by MichaelSGeneva »

I got Pfizer, was there the first day, and have had no ill effects 5 months later. No impact on my RLS, which is pretty bad to begin with. (I was hoping it would make it better)
I personally knew 6 people who died from covid.
As one with some bioscience background, I tend to agree with some of my former colleagues that mRNA technology could end up being the safest vaccine we ever invented.
Problem is that COVID and the vaccine have forced us to stare our mortality in the face and we have no real data about a novel virus and disease. We live by risk assessment and it really is a challenge as the virus did not come with a handbook.
But as for me, if they offer a booster, the day I am eligible, I'm in line.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I'll get a booster too.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'll be in line also, sleeve rolled up and waiting.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes, the booster is next.🙂