ANTHRAX VACCINES / LINKED TO RLS?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
buglegs

ANTHRAX VACCINES / LINKED TO RLS?

Post by buglegs »

I'm currently fighting RLS/PLMD really bad..I've had RLS/PLMD since early 2001, started on requip which isn't working anymore, Promipexole almost killed me about 55 days ago so now I'm on 3-MG requip daily. I've been up now for almost 48 hours without any sleep because the creepy, crawly, weird feelings that I get when I sit down or lay down, constant last 4 days. I'm wondering how many people on here that have RLS and took the Anthrax Vaccines during the Persian Gulf War? I was on the USS ENTERPRISE in 1998 in the Persian Gulf, Operation Iraqi Freedom. They gave everybody on the ship 3-rounds of Anthrax Vaccinations and then stopped all of a sudden, suppose to have been 6-shots. These Anthrax shots I believe to be related to my RLS/PLMD and Sleep Apnea. I received the vaccines Nov/Dec 1998 and was diagnosed with RLS/PLMD/Sleep Apnea in 2001. I never had any sleep problems before getting these vaccines and I truly believe they are directly related or caused my problems. Has anyone else on here with RLS received Anthrax Vaccines in the past? I'm not suggesting that everyone that has had Anthrax Vaccines will have RLS but I believe this is what caused my problems. If you have had the vaccine please respond and let me know...Thank You..
Michael

Rustsmith

Re: ANTHRAX VACCINES / LINKED TO RLS?

Post by Rustsmith »

I used to frequently travel internationally and so I received just about every vaccine given. Fortunately for me, anthrax wasn't on the long list of things that I was given. I was in the Gulf for many years before the first involvement of the US and can say that there was a great deal of pollution already in the air before Iraq started setting all of their wells on fire.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've had mine since I was a child, so definitely not me.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It sounds like you are augmenting on your med. Increasing the dose won't help. I've gone through that before.
I don't know about the vaccine.

buglegs

Post by buglegs »

I'm guessing we have no Veterans on this site that had ANTHRAX VACCINATIONS during their military service? If anyone has had these vaccinations I'd appreciate a response..I'm just trying to figure out where this RLS/PLMD/OSA came from, something caused it.
Michael

Frunobulax

Post by Frunobulax »

buglegs wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:50 pm
I'm guessing we have no Veterans on this site that had ANTHRAX VACCINATIONS during their military service? If anyone has had these vaccinations I'd appreciate a response..I'm just trying to figure out where this RLS/PLMD/OSA came from, something caused it.
In many cases RLS will come from a combination of factors. Genes, lifestyle and more. Any vaccine evokes an immune response but can therefore be the straw that breaks the camels back. In the end inflammation forces iron into stores and lowers the available iron, so anything that causes inflammation (like a virus or vaccine) might in turn cause or worsen RLS.

But you describe a 3 year gap between vaccine and RLS diagnosis. If the vaccine caused your RLS, shouldn't it have flared up within a few weeks of getting one of the shots?

BTW 3mg Requip is pretty high, and if this doesn't help you might need a different class of drugs than dopamine agonists. Check the augmentation subforums how to deal with that.