Restless EYES?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Aiken

Restless EYES?

Post by Aiken »

I have RLS almost entirely on the right, and I've noticed that when the RLS is strong, I seem to have a very hard time getting my right eye to cooperate with my left. I'm not sure exactly what's happening. I'm not sure if the right eye is failing to focus or track, or if the signals are getting screwed up on the way to the brain, or if there's some problem combining the two eyes' images in the brain. I just find it takes a lot more concentration to watch something when RLS is going than other times.

johnto6

Post by johnto6 »

Aiken, I'm new to this and admittedly not very knowledgeable yet, but your post concerned me, and I realize that you wrote that six months ago. I want to know if you're still experiencing this with your eyes. I hope you had that checked out, because your symptoms MIGHT BE lots of things. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but it just concerned me that's all. I guess I equate the eyes with the head, the brain, etc. I hope you're ok and have found out that it is the RLS.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I talked to my sleep doctor about it. He said it sounds unusual but is not surprising, since RLS can hit any part of the body. It's really only my right eye, just as my other RLS stuff is really only my right leg, flank, and sometimes shoulder, and it only happens when those other areas are also fired up. I'm pretty confident that it's related.

The problem with tracking is probably more to do with my eye not liking the strange sensation and doing things to try to dislodge the feeling, sort of like how we move around to alleviate the feelings in our legs, or how we dart our drooping eyes around and rub them and open them wide when we're overtired and cannot afford to go to sleep yet. The other issue is that I only just barely have stereo vision, as I was born with slightly misaligned eyes, so it doesn't take much to throw it fully out of whack.

Thanks for the thoughts, though.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Emily--

Yes, I responded to your thread where you mentioned something similar. The post above is actually from quite some time back, so you probably didn't see it when you posted your more-recent thread.