omg im in heaven...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Ruby I am so sorry as I did not mean for it to come across that way. I am just talking about myself. I know you were not blaming anyone for taking clonazapem. Please forgive me as I would never intentionally hurt you.

You take care my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I'm not mad, just didn't want anyone to think I was criticizing them! I know enough about you to know that you would never, never intentionally hurt anyone. I'm so glad to have you for a friend!

I haven't been on here for so long and I miss everyone! I could use some laughs and pick-me-ups. Sorry that I took this topic for such a turn! I should start my own thread "Poor, poor pitiful me!"
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Rubyslipper wrote:Sometimes I'm not too smart. .

I have a suspicion that this couldn't be farther from the truth! How about a rephrasing? You may do things that don't feel that you were smart to do...but that doesn't mean YOU are not smart.

In my brain fog (and I'm dealing with much less pain than you), I often forget things. I don't make optimal decisions. I feel stupid at times. It's so hard not to take that one and make it my persona - that I'm stupid.

But, hearing you type it was such a forceful reminder that I'm hurting myself when I say that. So, thanks for the reminder; I'll make a pact with you. I'll work on not saying I'm stupid if you will too 8)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

You've got a deal. I should have said, "Sometimes my brain disengages for a time," or something along those lines. I've been reading a book that agrees with what you are saying. Even if we are kidding, putting yourself down can become a self-fufilling prophesy. I am not an overly confident person even though a lot of people seem to think Iam. So those "thoughtless" put-downs are probably coming from deep down. Wow, we could start a group therapy thing here!

Thanks for your insight Ann. And thanks for thinking I'm not stupid!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I agree with the book whole heartedly. Like you, I come off as confident, but I often say these type of things. It's less and less...but I've been working on it for about, ummm, well, just a long time 8)

In addition to psychology and self-help books, things like The Secret would also agree. Our minds have to me aligned to get what we want. When we say we're smart or confident or whatever, but then when we fail we blame ourselves, not our actions, we negate everything else and our subconscious follows our thoughts: we're stupid!

Not sure what you're reading, but the first book that made me start to look at this was John Bradshaw book on shame. Wow, what an eyeopener!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Rubyslipper wrote:You've got a deal. I should have said, "Sometimes my brain disengages for a time," or something along those lines. I've been reading a book that agrees with what you are saying. Even if we are kidding, putting yourself down can become a self-fufilling prophesy. I am not an overly confident person even though a lot of people seem to think Iam. So those "thoughtless" put-downs are probably coming from deep down. Wow, we could start a group therapy thing here!

Thanks for your insight Ann. And thanks for thinking I'm not stupid!

Oh Ruby you are a very strong person and admire that in you.

Take care my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks to you both for your reassurance. The book I am reading is The Secret. Just starting it and at the least it makes me think. Not sure I agree with everything but who knows? One thing I have finally figured out is that just because a person wirtes a book does not mean that I have to agree with everything written in that book.

You know, it might be a new, good thread to talk briefly about any books you may be reading or have read that you were especially taken with. I'm always looking for new books to read. We might want to set out some ground rules but I think it would be fun. What do you think?