Yet Another Bad Night

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Yet Another Bad Night

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Well its 02.39 am and imwide awake.
So whats new.
Ive had enough im going back to my drs and demand she does
something for me in a nice way that is.
Can anyone tell me what kind of movements they have with their rls to see if there any different to mine. Mine can be quite sever at times, so much so, they make my legs ache like one does when one does exercises for the first time.
As if I haven't got enough ailments to cope with I wasn't tooooo bad until I got this dreaded thing.

love gill (UK)
:roll:

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Gill

Hope you got some sleep

have you read any of my posts...theres one about an acupuncture ring ...which is helping big time with sleep , i now get 7-9 or more hours sleep a night.

Also in polar bears thread "Up all night" I made a few suggestions , such as acupuncture , on the nhs, which has been helping my rls.

Also my audiologist has just told me that my tinnitus can be helped with acupuncture ,.....so im going to get the dr to go for it.

youre question about how the rls feels......well mine can be as you describe but only if ive been tensing up my muscles all night and refusing to get out of bed

usualy it is a feeling that i have to move because of a creeping pain which feels like its hitting the nerves in my legs, back , arms and wrists......I dont get a crawly feeling now , did many many years ago , but it seems to have progressed to pain for the last 20 or so years.

saying this since getting the sleep, which also helps my bipolar mood cycles, the acupuncture doing more excersize life has been loads better....for me its a vicious circle and just now i seem to have broken it just enough to have a reasonably "normal " life of course that can all change at the drop of a hat

good luck
huggles

moonlight xxx :) :) :)
sleep is not only a dream

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I get jerking of the muscles in my legs, arms, even my stomach muscles seem to be affected sometimes. They're very abrupt and strong movements. When they really get going, I can have several muscles affected at a time, and they "fire" at intervals. I can have my right thigh muscles jerking every 20 seconds or so, and my left calf muscle going every 30 seconds. Sometimes it's 10 muscles going on ten different intervals. It gets really annoying when it's bad. :?

I hope you can get your doctor to take the RLS more seriously, Gill.
Susan

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Moonlight

Yeah I saw your post about that where do you
wear it though and do you wear it all the time?
I have a bit of SAD also longing for lighter
nights are you. Dont mention T to me that;s
been on an all high over the holidays as I don't
like Christmas or Easter etc. So am glad it's
all over with.
gill
:roll:

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Gill
see your up again , that's not so good
You wear it on your left pinky and you put it on an hour before you go to bed and keep it on for a max of 12hrs.

have you tried a light box to help combat SAD?

I'm going to try the acupuncture for tinitus ans see how it goes.

i am off to the gym this morning with a care worker from the centre and then to the music group this afternoon,,,where i am now playing base guitar in the band...i really enjoy it..but if my mood changes it can be very difficult but you know what i just keep on going and get out of it what I can in weeks like these...i'm good just now so it should be really fun.

take care

huggles moonlight xxxx
:P :P :P
sleep is not only a dream

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Waterloo,
Glad you're going to the doc and glad you're going to ask for better treatment. A better or stronger opiate than you're taking will do the trick. In the meantime, when I have trouble sleeping at night, I put on knee-high support hose, and I can fall asleep...usually I pull them off in my sleep. As for the SAD condition, in addition to what others posted here for that, you can also change the lightbulbs where you sit most of the day to "natural spectrum" lights, they are worth the money, will help with lousy weather outside. Get them at the hardware store, sort of a specialty item, but they should have them in U.K. Also, they say just 15 minutes of daylight shining in your face daily works good, so keep curtains open and stand or sit in the window with the rays coming right in on you every day. Lastly, to sleep better in general, don't eat or take meds 2 hrs before you go to bed, and also try to do some simple stretching exercises daily, even tho your arthritis hurts. I like that acupuncture ring idea, too, suggested in this thread, so look up an acupuncturist in town and go there and ask for that thing. Hang in.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I have a SAD light, and I like it. It really seems to help with my energy level on those cold, gloomy winter days. But they can be expensive. One thing I've found that works just as well is to go out and sit in my car for a while on a sunny day in the winter. The sun keeps the car warm enough even on the coldest days so that I usually don't even need to run the heater. And even on overcast days, the amount of light outside is more than I can get by sitting by my SAD light.
Susan

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Susan

Have been look around for a Sad light but as yet haven't
seen one not sure where to look. 0nline perhaps?

gill (UK)

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Over here, I've seen them at Walgreen's drug stores.

Search for "light therapy" on Google's shopping page and you'll probably find hundreds of them.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.