Logging symptoms

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Deedle

Logging symptoms

Post by Deedle »

I joined "Patients like me" a few months ago. It gives me daily reminders to log my symptoms. I have found this to be a very helpful tool. Even though I use the Neupro Patch, 1 mg, I still have RLS. Through this daily log, I realized that I have three levels of RLS. Level one is the simple urge to move my legs. Level two is when my legs move involuntarily, bicycling or twitching. Level three is the nightmare eposides when my entire body becomes involved, jerking and writhing. In a three month period I had recorded 15 nights of Levels one or two RLS, and 5 nights of level three RLS. I am happy that I am having mostly non-RLS nights.

badnights

Re: Logging symptoms

Post by badnights »

Nice. I logged obsessively for a while but then backed off. I still log my sleep and medications, but I only note the symptoms if they're exceptionally bad. I sometimes wish I had a better record.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for sharing!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

pamhb

Post by pamhb »

Hey Deedle -- have you considered whether you're augmenting? I used to experience the symptoms that you describe as Level 2 and Level 3, until I came off of all dopamine agonists. Now I will occasionally have a bit of bicycling, but none of the "Level 3". Just a thought....