Another dumb pharmacy trip

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
leggo_my_legs

Re: Another dumb pharmacy trip

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Yes. My dignity hurts a lot with this illness!

I wonder if I'll eventually be banned from costco pharmacy, maybe even have my membership revoked! :lol: actually not so funny...

On the good news front I got my sleep study and med records from my sleep dr. It doesn't say anything bad about me. It actually says she has nothing more to offer me. I concur!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

leggo_my_legs wrote:Yes. My dignity hurts a lot with this illness!

I wonder if I'll eventually be banned from costco pharmacy, maybe even have my membership revoked! :lol: actually not so funny...

On the good news front I got my sleep study and med records from my sleep dr. It doesn't say anything bad about me. It actually says she has nothing more to offer me. I concur!

Glad you received your records!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

I just read this post and I was near tears. I haven't had the horrendous experiences that you have had but have come close. Every time my prescription refill date draws near I get nervous. It is going to be touchy this time because of the dental surgery I just had. The dentist, assistant and I had a good discussion on whether or not she should prescribe pain medication. I have had this discussion with her very able, kind assistant before. This assistant 's husband is on continuing pain meds for migraines so she knows exactly what I experience. It was decided that if needed I would take extra of my oxycodone if I had pain from the surgery. So I did the numbers and I am left with maybe a pill and 1/2 a day til I can get it refilled. Oh boy, here we go! I plan to message my PA and explain to her what occurred and hope for the best. Also, we just reduced the dosage on the oxycodone from 7.5 to 5. and this just doesn't quite take care of the rls and back/hip pain. The PA is just on the verge of understanding the use of opioids for rls. As for telling my friends what I take, I find I am very careful who I share with. My sweet daughter worries about me but is coming around so I am finally able to share with her. I like the example of the diabetic having to go through this for insulin. It's a battle that we didn't volunteer for but we find ourselves fighting constantly. Courage and determination fellow sufferers!
'

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

2BassetMom wrote: Courage and determination fellow sufferers!
'

YES!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

2BassetMom wrote: Courage and determination fellow sufferers!
'

Yes Yes !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

I have an update that falls under the "dumb pharmacy trip" category. I am now trying dilaudid instead of oxycodone... I still have oxycodone left on the rx but MD wanted to switch me. I think my costco only has one pharmacist! And it's always the same guy. I almost started cracking up when I saw him and had to talk with him for my "mandatory consult" on the medication. I had to try to hide my grin. Because I just thought the whole thing was so incredibly dumb. I seem to already be infamous there--I'm one of the few people still on opioids in the West, apparently. I felt a little like I was going to talk to the school principal. He said, "What was wrong with the oxycodone?" I said I was alerting on it. I keep feeling like one of these days they are going to get even more obnoxious and refuse to fill it but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

I know it's not actually funny. It just struck me as funny because grinning makes a person seem "gamey" and even more guilty, when in fact I have nothing to feel guilty over.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I sometimes laugh or grin stupidly when I'm nervous. It's really inconvenient.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

leggo_my_legs wrote:I have an update that falls under the "dumb pharmacy trip" category. I am now trying dilaudid instead of oxycodone... I still have oxycodone left on the rx but MD wanted to switch me. I think my costco only has one pharmacist! And it's always the same guy. I almost started cracking up when I saw him and had to talk with him for my "mandatory consult" on the medication. I had to try to hide my grin. Because I just thought the whole thing was so incredibly dumb. I seem to already be infamous there--I'm one of the few people still on opioids in the West, apparently. I felt a little like I was going to talk to the school principal. He said, "What was wrong with the oxycodone?" I said I was alerting on it. I keep feeling like one of these days they are going to get even more obnoxious and refuse to fill it but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

I know it's not actually funny. It just struck me as funny because grinning makes a person seem "gamey" and even more guilty, when in fact I have nothing to feel guilty over.

I just find this SO annoying! I should be reassured that another person is looking out for me in my treatment....but to assume my doctor is an idiot makes me crazy!

Oh the dark humor of the situation would likely have made me laugh out loud!

Managing Your RLS

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

ViewsAskew wrote:
leggo_my_legs wrote:...but to assume my doctor is an idiot makes me crazy!

Oh the dark humor of the situation would likely have made me laugh out loud!

Yeah especially since he's a great doctor.

That's why I was cracking a grin...the dark humor! I am going to have to give costco a cc of Dr B's new opioid article.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hmmmm... funny peculiar - as opposed to funny ha-ha
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

yawny

Post by yawny »

badnights wrote:I sometimes laugh or grin stupidly when I'm nervous. It's really inconvenient.

Made me laugh so hard I cried a little.