Next Foundation Webinar - Opioid Advocacy

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS/WED sections.
Rustsmith

Next Foundation Webinar - Opioid Advocacy

Postby Rustsmith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:53 pm

The next Foundation webinar will be held on December 5 at 3PM Eastern time. The topic will be "Advocacy and Policy Implications from the Opioid Crisis". Participation in the live webinar is available to everyone (i.e. only webinar recordings are restricted to Foundation members). To register, go to https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4459713007172363521
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Opioid and RLS Advocacy

Postby Rustsmith » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:14 pm

If you are a Foundation member and haven't had a chance to listen to the webinar, I encourage you to do so.

During the webinar, they discussed an initiative that is being taken by a group in Washington, DC on behalf of the Foundation. The group does advocacy work before Congress for "rare" medical conditions and agreed to work on RLS since so few people know about RLS. If you want to participate, all you need to do is send an email to Peter Herzog at herzog@hmcw.org. In the email, he will need your mailing address so that they can use it to determine your Congressional representation and later to use as evidence that you live in your representative's district.

I signed up to participate. Peter sent me a draft of a letter that he will send to my congressman. All I had to do was add a paragraph explaining the impact that the government's opioid policies are having on me. I emailed it back to him. They will handle everything else.

So, for those of you who live in the US and would like to changes not only in opioid policies but also government funding of RLS research, I strongly encourage you to contact Peter.

I should add that they particularly want to hear from you if you live in California, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Vermont, Washington or West Virginia since Congressman from these states sit on key committees.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Re: Opioid and RLS Advocacy

Postby ViewsAskew » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Rustsmith wrote:If you are a Foundation member and haven't had a chance to listen to the webinar, I encourage you to do so.

During the webinar, they discussed an initiative that is being taken by a group in Washington, DC on behalf of the Foundation. The group does advocacy work before Congress for "rare" medical conditions and agreed to work on RLS since so few people know about RLS. If you want to participate, all you need to do is send an email to Peter Herzog at herzog@hmcw.org. In the email, he will need your mailing address so that they can use it to determine your Congressional representation and later to use as evidence that you live in your representative's district.

I signed up to participate. Peter sent me a draft of a letter that he will send to my congressman. All I had to do was add a paragraph explaining the impact that the government's opioid policies are having on me. I emailed it back to him. They will handle everything else.

So, for those of you who live in the US and would like to changes not only in opioid policies but also government funding of RLS research, I strongly encourage you to contact Peter.

Excellent! Will contact him right now.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Return to “General Topics: RLS/WED”