Flu + RLS + constipation = torture

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Yankiwi

Flu + RLS + constipation = torture

Post by Yankiwi »

I'm in my fifth day of knock down, drag out influenza. Everyone who has had it knows you just want to stay in bed but our stupid legs prevent that. About three weeks ago my doctor prescribed iron so that added to my general constipation which I was able to keep under control, mostly with diet. It is a lot worse now and I'm taking stronger medications—one called Molaxole (Lax Sachets) which aren't doing much good.
So, I've got chills, fever and aches, a very sore abdomen, general malaise and can't sleep. It's the pits!
Now that I've had my moan, I wish everyone a better 2018.

ViewsAskew

Re: Flu + RLS + constipation = torture

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Yankiwi - that is the pits! Wishing you a fast recovery!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yankiwi - Hope you are on the mend.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Thanks, I'm on day 9, taking a 7 day course of a strong antibiotic and am getting better but I know it will still be a while. At least my constipation is under control, more or less. My favorite foods--ice cream, chocolate ets--are not attractive at all so I'm eating oatmeal with an All Bran garnish, pears instead of apples because they have more fiber, avocados etc. I wouldn't mind if I never liked sweets again. Funny though, fruit is fine.
But the main thing I want to do is sit and read or lie down, yeah right!

badnights

Post by badnights »

I feel for you. I was badly constipated once and it was a very miserable experience. That was from oxycodone taken after the operation that started my WED/RLS going nuts, so I wasn't experiencing WED at the same time, thankfully. Too much to deal with!
My favorite foods--ice cream, chocolate ets--are not attractive at all so I'm eating oatmeal with an All Bran garnish, pears instead of apples because they have more fiber, avocados etc. I wouldn't mind if I never liked sweets again. Funny though, fruit is fine.
Sounds like your body knows what it needs. Maybe you'll stay off the sugars even after you're better :)
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Sounds like your body knows what it needs. Maybe you'll stay off the sugars even after you're better

Yes, I hope so too. But I have to add, I rarely ate ice cream and keep some in the freezer in the shed and have very small amounts of 72% chocolate a few times a week. I have a pretty good diet but it's going to get better with a lot more fiber. I resisted buying avocados when they never came below $3 last year but now I treat it as medicine.

badnights

Post by badnights »

now I treat it as medicine
That's the way we should look at our food. It's worth the investment in quality to keep ourselves healthy
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I love avocados and cantaloupe. In the past I only bought when prices were low—or at least not astronomical. Now I just buy them. I love the taste and the vitamin c and fiber are essential to me.