Sleep diary

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Yankiwi

Sleep diary

Post by Yankiwi »

I've kept sleep diaries in the past but I find it hard to write things down in the night, I'm just too wrung out or agitated.
Last night I used "Notes" on my iPhone. I started by talking to Siri but switched to just keying my words in. A cellphone is easy to carry around while doing my walking/exercise rounds and it's already typed. I found t to be a lot more accurate than a hand written diary and easier for a doctor to read.

ViewsAskew

Re: Sleep diary

Post by ViewsAskew »

Great idea!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

At one time I kept a sleep diary and it was the first thing that made my GP sit up and take notice.
There it was in black and white.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I will upload my notes to the computer and give the print out to my doctor. He is wonderful and very compassionate but when I told him I was getting less than six hours sleep, night after night, said that's all he got. Yeah, but in one chunk or two, not in five chunks over eight or ten hours. On the positive side, even with my crazy flu sleep, I think the iron is working. I no longer have any symptoms in my arms and while night pain is still there upon rising and takes a long time to shake, it doesn't seem to be as severe.

badnights

Post by badnights »

that's good news about the iron working!
Sleep fragmentation is something the doctor should have asked you about instead of claiming equivalence with you. Have you ever had a sleep study? There's a measure called sleep efficiency which compares the amount of time you're asleep to the amount of time you spend in bed. So if your sleep efficiency is 68%, you only sleep 68% of the time you're in bed. 85% or more is normal. I bet your sleep efficiency is well below normal.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.