Heart Rate Variability Indicators - Specifically LF/HF

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Oozz

Heart Rate Variability Indicators - Specifically LF/HF

Post by Oozz »

Hello -

I just typed up a lengthy post in the "Sleep Monitor" thread and I won't duplicate it here; however, I was wondering if anyone has looked into their Heart Rate Variability (HRV)? More specifically their Low Frequency / High Frequency ratio. This is a rough indicator of nervous system stress.

I've been monitoring my LF/HF ratio and I am off the charts. I would never have thought that I would be this out of balance.

I've always thought my RLS was linked to stress, but I've never had a way of accurately measuring my stress levels.

stjohnh

Re: Heart Rate Variability Indicators - Specifically LF/HF

Post by stjohnh »

I haven't researched the low frequency high frequency ratio however I have some impressions based on my researching of other aspects of heart rate variability. Normal values that are frequently given pertain to normal people in a healthy age range who are not taking medications. There is lack of consensus on the amount of monitored time necessary to get an accurate reading. The meaning of these numbers for people that are not in the healthy normal, no medication, group I think is pretty much unknown.
Blessings,
Holland