RLS Foundation hosting a Patient Symposium

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: RLS Foundation hosting a Patient Symposium

Post by ViewsAskew »

Beth took copious notes. I took none as she was hard at work, lol. She had a LONG trip home today, so I'd guess we won't hear from her for a few days, but not sure. I managed to get sick while there, so am recuperating - just watched some tv and am headed back to bed. And 2bassettmom was there, so she will likely have things to add, too. There wasn't too much that was brand new info, but definitely some clarification on things.

The best part, to me? Meeting Beth, 2bassettmom, and getting to know Steve better. I met some other very nice people.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

Thanks. I look forward to hearing what they have to say.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I posted some of my comments in a fresh thread at http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10298

Of course there was a lot more than just those few points that was discussed. For example, there was a question about ethnicity and RLS. The experts agreed that it is primarily a condition tied to those of northern European background, although there is some in the southern Europeans with only small fractions in Asians. As for Africans, they said that there is almost no information. Tied to this, there was a phone app that we used throughout the conference that allowed polls to be taken. A test poll before the conference was to enter the color of your eyes. Thirty percent responded Blue and another 30% said Hazel. The overall percentage of Blue in the general population is 17%. Useless facts, but sort of interesting and something that received a few chuckles at the end of the ethnicity question.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.