saying hello

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
leggo_my_legs

saying hello

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Hi all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've had my 3 month anniversary on my new job and it's going well. I have 3 more months to go before I get off new employee probation. That has been my main focus these past few months.

RLS wise, I am doing more or less ok on 5-10 mg oxycodone per night. I am functional, thought not always feeling rested. Functional is better than I was before. For example, I do not feel that poor sleep quality is messing with my emotions daily, but at the same time I don't feel as rested as I'd like. In other words, I wish it could be better, but it's tolerable and ok.

Often I wake up on my back, which is how I fall asleep, which I feel like is a good sign regarding my sleep quality. I am incredibly grateful for the oxycodone and the support I receive here. I am still seeing Dr. B. I have family in the LA area so it's not so bad flying there twice a year or so.

Thinking of you all, will try to be around a little more.

ViewsAskew

Re: saying hello

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey - I was thinking of you the other day. We are finally back in LA - hopefully the last move for at least another year, lol.

I guess I'd echo your experience. I am functional most times, but rarely rested and sometimes still crappy. Not sure it gets better than that for some of us. I keep trying, though!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

ViewsAskew wrote:
I guess I'd echo your experience. I am functional most times, but rarely rested and sometimes still crappy. Not sure it gets better than that for some of us. I keep trying, though!

This is exactly the symptom where dipyridamole seems to do the best for me. Maybe the next time you see Dr. B you might ask him about adding a small dose of dipyridamole to your meds.
Blessings,
Holland

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

stjohnh wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:

This is exactly the symptom where dipyridamole seems to do the best for me. Maybe the next time you see Dr. B you might ask him about adding a small dose of dipyridamole to your meds.

I did - he wasn't at ALL interested. But, it was when it very first was being discussed...maybe next visit he'll have had time to think more about it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.