Camping

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: Camping

Post by Polar Bear »

Camping fantasy is of everyone sitting around a lovely fire, all cosy, someone has a guitar, and everyone is singing Kumbaya.

Reality --- everything is wet, fire won't light, kids are crying, parents are bickering..... and in the background someone can be heard saying .... if I hear Kumbaya one more time....(in the words of Liam Neeson from the movie 'Taken') ""I will find you - and I will kill you"" :lol:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

That is it Betty! With 5 kids add to that whose turn is it for the next s'mores and how come he got to put the log on the fire. Good memories. I don't think my RLS would allow me to sit for long around the campfire these days. Besides, where would I plug in my heating pad?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hmm... would have to suggest boiling some water and filling a hot water bottle.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

hot water bottle

That's really funny. Since I now live in New Zealand I am familiar with hot water bottles but I don't think most Americans are.
There's even a hotel in a very small township called "Formerly the Blackball Hilton" that puts hot water bottles in guests' beds. The name comes from a potential lawsuit from Hilton Hotels. The hotel, an old miners boarding house, is on Hilton Street and in no way would it ever be mistaken for a Hilton Hotel but they had to change their name from the Blackball Hilton.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

I have used hot water bottles all my life. Love them on cold winter nights. That's a great idea to use them camping.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Just had to google the Blackball Hilton. It looks very unique and a fun stay.
Betty

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Just had to google the Blackball Hilton. It looks very unique and a fun stay.

It is definitely unique and fun. Cliff and I stayed there when a sister was visiting from the states in about 1992 right after it had opened. We took the train from Christchurch in winter and needed the hotties (hot water bottles).