Plmds?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sleepless at night

Plmds?

Post by Sleepless at night »

Maybe I don't have rls, or maybe both.
My legs get a slight cramp, every 28 seconds or so, just as I'm falling asleep. It makes it difficult to fall asleep when that is happening.
The muscle? Moves on it own, and kind of tickles. But it is relentless.
I feel the need to move my leg.
In your opinion, what is going on with me? I've had this for years. Needless to say, I don't sleep well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rustsmith

Re: Plmds?

Post by Rustsmith »

The reports say that 85% of us with RLS also have PLMS. The latest research is even starting to indicate that PLMS may actually be a subset of RLS. The problem is that there has been much less research on PLMS than on RLS, which is amazing to me since PLMS is so much easier to study since it can be easily measured in a sleep test.

The fortunate thing is that many of the RLS treatments also work well for PLMS, especially the DAs. So, if you can get your RLS managed, then the PLMS should follow as well.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sleepless at night

Re: Plms?

Post by Sleepless at night »

I hope so my friend. So many people suffer with the these two afflictions, that you would think there would be more
research. Maybe there is. I certainly hope so. For the ones that have this, I know that they would like some relief.
I don't even want to think of the people that couldn't take it anymore. I don't want to go there.
All things as far as I know, need a restful sleep. It causes many problems. The lack of a good sleep, I mean.
God bless all of you. I will continue to pray for you, and for myself.