Back Surgery and RLS plus spasms

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: Back Surgery and RLS plus spasms

Post by debbluebird »

I know now for sure that I have augmented on Mirapex.
They have increased soma, added benadryl and amitriptyline. They are trying to knock me out. I've taken the benadry, but not the amitriptyline. I just feel drugged up, drunk. Hope spasms go away.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

deb - benadryl is not a friend to RLS and is best avoided.
Also, Amitriptyline, which is used for so many issues nowadays, can be a trigger for RLS.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Not sure I have RLS. All of my issues stem from my back. I knew about the problems with the two and RLS, but thanks. They are trying to knock me out at night so I don't feel spasms. My spasms are not PLMs.
Thanks

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

How I would love to 'get knocked out at night'.
I do hope you make some progress with this, your spasms sound so awful.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks, I haven't had the RLS feeling in a long time. It's all about the spasms for me.
I will make sure I watch the new meds.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope they figure it out. So many of us here seem to have such odd issues.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Pacing tonight. There is nothing I can do.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Spasms are worse tonight. Had them all day too. So maybe it is the benadry and amitriptyline.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Maybe...guess you can try without. It is so much harder when multiple body systems are involved and could be contributing.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Stopping benadryl and amitriptyline. Will see what happens this week. I see the surgeon Monday. I haven't had much sleep.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

They have me on Soma. I've decided to wean off this also. I'm thinking that it probably is also contributing to spasms.
I didn't sleep last night or today. Everytime I try, spasms start. They aren't as bad as a few days ago, but enough to keep me from sleeping.
Feeling pretty bad tonight.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wouldn't you think that eventually the body will just have a sleep..... pity it doesn't work that way.
Very sorry that you continue with these spasms.
Betty

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Had to take 2 oxycodone to finally sleep last night. I don't want to take it every night. I have noticed that the spasms are not as strong. I was just in bed for the last two hours, with spasms coming, mild enough to tolerate them for the short period of time.
Now, I decided to take an extra methadone just to see what would happen. I will go back to bed in a little while.
It seems, that life is an experiment. If this doesn't work I will take oxycodone tomorrow night.
I see the surgeon Monday. 6 weeks has past.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Today was last day of Soma. I had been worried that I would have some withdrawal symptoms, but I don't think so. I did take an extra methadone, around 3 am due to spasms. I was able to sleep. The spasms seem to have lessened some, but enough so I couldn't sleep.
No oxycodone tonight.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Had my 6 weeks check up. He thinks I'm improving well. Going to increase my Gabapentin, from 2 times a day to three times a day. 600 mg each time. He says it will take 2 weeks to take affect.