refractory rls and psoriasis relationship

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Caitrin

refractory rls and psoriasis relationship

Post by Caitrin »

I would like to know if anyone with refractory RLS has experienced psoriasis or other neuro dermatological conditions. Interestingly I developed this condition a year ago and it has worsened. I also have a swollen, painful right ankle and doctor says it is arthritis. I had Reiter's syndrome when I was 12 and a reactive arthritis in one hand 15 years ago. I test positive for the HLA-B27 gene. Just wondering if there is any connection. Thanks for input,
Caitrin

badnights

Re: refractory rls and psoriasis relationship

Post by badnights »

I have had eczema since I was a kid. Also WED/RLS, but it was not a big deal until about 10 yrs ago, following an operation and an unrelated infection treated with heavy antibiotics, either of which might have been the trigger.

Many of us have autoimmune issues. This is a complex disorder and there are many facets of it that have yet to be discovered, but are hinted at by stories like yours. There really needs to be more research.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I have eczema as well as a bunch of other strange conditions, lol. I think we Beth said is spot on.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

I have plaque psoriasis on my scalp. I've had it for about 10 years. It absolutely can drive me crazy along with not being able to wear dark shirts.

Caitrin

Post by Caitrin »

I agree more research must be done. For now I am doing my own as I have a few issues. Saw a dermatologist last week and tomorrow an allergist/immunologist. Thanks all for input.
Caitrin

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Here is a link to a paper that indicates that there may be some sort of unknown relationship between RLS and psoriasis

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1684/ejd.2015.2525
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

gag - they called RLS a "well-treatable co-morbidity". I shouldn't complain, it is easily treated with lifestyle changes and now-and-then meds for most people who have it. But it made me cringe, because it is such a huge ongoing problem - definitely not "well-treatable" - for a significant percentage of people
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

they called RLS a "well-treatable co-morbidity"

I would laugh but it just might edge over into hysteria.......
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation