Social Security - US

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
stjohnh

Re: Social Security - US

Post by stjohnh »

ViewsAskew wrote:I am waiting for a vaccine - Shingrix - to be delivered to the doctor's office.

Ann,
Be sure you don't have plans for the day after your Shingrix shot. They have a VERY high rate of flu-like symptoms (headache, tiredness, muscle aches and fever). Shingrix is actually 2 injections months apart. There have been a large number of people who are refusing the second injection, even though it is necessary to get full protection from shingles.
Blessings,
Holland

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My bleeding was light.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

stjohnh wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:I am waiting for a vaccine - Shingrix - to be delivered to the doctor's office.

Ann,
Be sure you don't have plans for the day after your Shingrix shot. They have a VERY high rate of flu-like symptoms (headache, tiredness, muscle aches and fever). Shingrix is actually 2 injections months apart. There have been a large number of people who are refusing the second injection, even though it is necessary to get full protection from shingles.

Thanks. I knew about the two injections and that many didn't get the second. It works so much better, it seems worth it even if I feel like crap. Hope that is correct!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Well, I am getting the second, even though I felt badly the day after. Shingles is very common and very nasty. I too think it is worth the day of feeling badly.
Blessings,
Holland

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Shingrix isn't available in New Zealand. I've had a Zostavax shot but know Shingrix is better. My husband had shingles and I sure don't want to get it. The next worst thing to having shingles is living with someone who has it.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Here in UK we get offered the Shingles (Zostavax) vaccine over the age of 70 with one shot in the upper arm via our NHS. Shingrix is not mentioned.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

stjohnh wrote:Well, I am getting the second, even though I felt badly the day after. Shingles is very common and very nasty. I too think it is worth the day of feeling badly.

I watched my great aunt suffer horribly! I will take feeling badly for a day or so, too!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.