Red Wine and Resveratrol

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
larbian

Red Wine and Resveratrol

Post by larbian »

I just wanted to share my experiences. I have been suffering with RLS for 10-15 years.
I take Mirapex (Pramipexole) every day at 5pm so I can sleep.
On the weekends I'll have some wine. White or Red. Weekends I always had to take two pills and associated the added restlessness with Alcohol. but the times I drank Red wine my legs were worse.

Than I started some CoQ10 with Reveratrol and after a week I couldn't sleep for 2 days. My legs went nuts and the Pramipexole didn't help. Resveratrol is in red wine from the grape skins I believe.
I stop that supplement and the added annoyance went back to normal.

My finding is red wine and reveratrol in the wine aggravates the RLS.

badnights

Re: Red Wine and Resveratrol

Post by badnights »

Wow, how interesting. I used to think red wine made my legs go nuts, but since then have decided it's more complicated than that, because some reds dont bother me (if only 2 glasses) and some whites do. Some reds have more resveratrol than others - cooler-climate reds, certain varieties like Pinot Noirs and Malbecs, and - apparently the biggest difference - wines made with traditional methods. Supplements have WAY more resveratrol than wines - so you might be able to get away with a glass or two but have a bad reaction to a supplement, if it really is the resveratrol. But then why do some whites bother me? There's something else going on there, too.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Re: Red Wine and Resveratrol

Post by badnights »

Moderator's note: I've moved this topic from Prescription Medications forum to the General RLS/WED forum.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.