hormones and RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
peanut1

hormones and RLS

Post by peanut1 »

I have brought up this topic before. I really think in my case there is a direct link with change of life and RLS. I've been trying to get off my hormone patches and I noticed a significant increase in the RLS when I do So I went back on them. It was 3 years before menopause when my RLS went into severe mode. I also notice when I have too much estrogen in my body I can't sleep and it feels like I took speed before I went to bed. If I have too much progesterone, the RLS kicks in pretty bad. But generally speaking I tend to have too much estrogen. I also feel working with my reflexologist (initially I went to her for my feet) has helped the hormones to some extent and consequently the RLS, but not enough to get off the patches yet.

However, I still need to take my iron pills 3x per day and eat a high iron diet.

ViewsAskew

Re: hormones and RLS

Post by ViewsAskew »

Makes sense to me that it could be related since women have a much higher incidence of RLS during childbearing years - but when we are older, it evens out. Seems the main difference pre-menopause is hormones!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.