Very Tired

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: Very Tired

Post by debbluebird »

I'm thinking, that maybe I have become tolerant of the gabapentin. I realized that lately my spasms are stronger. I won't be seeing my Doctor for two weeks. I don't want to increase the dose. That would get me nowhere. I would like to go back up on the Methadone and stop the Gabapentin. I don't know if it will be possible. I also don't know if the Doctor will be willing to increase the Methadone high enough so that I can wean off the Gabapentin.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I got some sleep last night, even though I could use a few more hours. My thigh has a slight burning all over the front side. I feel this confirms my feelings of the gabapentin no longer working.
I traveled yesterday, so I knew that last night would be difficult. I don't have my Kratom or hemp oil with me. I don't like to carry that stuff on an airplane.
I hate the thought of having to go through another withdrawal.

Vanwing

Post by Vanwing »

I imagine stopping cold turkey is hell, right?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes it would be hell. I would never do that. I might not even be able to wean off, unless I replace it with something.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I posted last night, but I must not have pressed submit hard enough, or it's somewhere else.
I was up with really bad spasms. Not able to even sit. Had to take an extra oxy after an hour. I've never done that before. I just really wanted some sleep. Will see how tonight goes.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hate that feeling that I really want to sleep. It always scares me that in my impaired state I will do something foolish.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

So I did 2 oxycodone two nights in a row plus my regular stuff. I can't continue that. So that means I will be up a lot for awhile. I traveled today, left my Daughter's house, so it doesn't matter when I sleep now. It feels like the oxy isn't working anymore either. All the meds are telling my body to take more.
Weird, only awhile back I felt so much better. Not anymore.
I only got a couple of hours last night even though I took extra meds.
My husband tells me he found a tablet with the meds I was taking about 10 years ago. Five or more every night. It was a bad period. Now isn't much better.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

deb, you sound so sad. I hope you manage to get back to a better time.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

To me, this is one of the worst parts of any chronic condition...that every time it is better for awhile, the next down period almost seems worse, if possible. Learning to ride with the ups and downs is so hard. Especially when every time it is better you are so sure it is going to be for a long time.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

ViewsAskew wrote:To me, this is one of the worst parts of any chronic condition...that every time it is better for awhile, the next down period almost seems worse, if possible. Learning to ride with the ups and downs is so hard. Especially when every time it is better you are so sure it is going to be for a long time.
Exactly !! After leaving my Daughter's house on Monday, my husband picked me up from the airport. We didn't go home. We just drove on into Wyoming. A little vacation. He thought I would enjoy it. Usually I would. It's hard though because I'm so miserable. I changed my mind. I'm going to take extra oxy to get through this week, then when we go home I'll stop them.
I had been able to walk, now I can't go very far. Back hurts when I do. I think weight gain has caused it. Sleep is messed up, legs are messed up.
Yes Betty, I'm not my usual self. Each time it gets worse.
With my son in laws death and then our dog ( I know it's not the same as a person), I am sad. My Daughter is having such a hard time functioning. This breaks my heart. This is the worst part.
I will get through this like I always do.
When my sleep is messed up I don't function well. Drugs mess me up too I hate them more than anything.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:To me, this is one of the worst parts of any chronic condition...that every time it is better for awhile, the next down period almost seems worse, if possible. Learning to ride with the ups and downs is so hard. Especially when every time it is better you are so sure it is going to be for a long time.
Exactly !! After leaving my Daughter's house on Monday, my husband picked me up from the airport. We didn't go home. We just drove on into Wyoming. A little vacation. He thought I would enjoy it. Usually I would. It's hard though because I'm so miserable. I changed my mind. I'm going to take extra oxy to get through this week, then when we go home I'll stop them.
I had been able to walk, now I can't go very far. Back hurts when I do. I think weight gain has caused it. Sleep is messed up, legs are messed up.
Yes Betty, I'm not my usual self. Each time it gets worse.
With my son in laws death and then our dog ( I know it's not the same as a person), I am sad. My Daughter is having such a hard time functioning. This breaks my heart. This is the worst part.
I will get through this like I always do.
When my sleep is messed up I don't function well. Drugs mess me up too I hate them more than anything.
If this continues, maybe consider that you are depressed, Deb. It would be no wonder if you were.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Probably. I've taken antidepressants before. Last one put weight on me.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Deb - don't forget that as well as the loss of your son-in-law and the death of your dog, you also have the awfulness of watching your daughter suffer. You are living at a distance away from her and are likely feeling the frustration of helplessness.

As Ann says, it would be no wonder if you are depressed.
All of this on top of everything else. Perhaps you need to consider a GP conversation.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes, I'm seeing my Doctor Tuesday. Yes, watching my Daughter is heart breaking.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Deb - do consider there are lots of ADs. You know that, you were a nurse. Just a reminder that a different one might not cause weight gain. I gained SO fast on one of them, but this last one? I didn't gain at all. Of course, it is one of the newer ones and it cost and arm and a leg. Sometimes seems we cannot win.

Managing Your RLS