RLS FOUNDATION: We want your nomination

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
wkitsteiner

RLS FOUNDATION: We want your nomination

Post by wkitsteiner »

Dear RLS Foundation member:

Hi my name is Wendi Kitsteiner, and I am a writer/editor for the Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation.

In our upcoming 2005 Annual Report, we are planning to include a special article featuring RLS patients in each decade of life. We are looking for a person from each decade of life (10's, 20's, 30's and so on up to the 100's if we can find someone!)

Do you know a member who could be a good representative for the Foundation? Or maybe you would like to nominate yourself.

If you would like to nominate someone else, please provide me with their EMAIL ADDRESS and their APPROXIMATE age. I will then contact them and see if they are interested.

If you would like to nominate yourself for this article (which is great as well!) we need the following things:

1. A current picture of yourself. Here are the picture requirements:

PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
HARD COPY
Color
3 x 5 or larger
Wallet okay but not preferable
DIGITAL COPY
Scanned as a 5 x 7
300 dpi
Preferably CMYK / RGB okay
Preferably TIF to JPEG

This should be a "head shot" professional-looking photo. Please do not have anyone else in the picture with you and please provide us with a photo in which you are looking at the camera.

2. You need to respond to each of the following questions (3-6 sentences each).
"Why are you a member in the RLS Foundation?”
“What area of RLS are you most interested in and why?”

3. Your age! While I don't need the exact age, I need to know what decade you are in at least. I would prefer to be able to include the exact age if you would allow it.

4. You also need to be a MEMBER of the RLS Foundation. If you aren't a member, you can sign up and then Nominate yourself. You can sign up at:

http://www.rls.org/help/membership.html

Please send any information as well as nominations to me, Wendi Kitsteiner at kitsteiner@rls.org!

Please note that nomination and sending in your materials does not mean you have been chosen. We will choose a person based on their question responses and the quality of their photo.

Thanks and have a great day (and night!)

Wendi Kitsteiner

wkitsteiner

Post by wkitsteiner »

Reminding you to share your nominations -- you can also nominate yourself!